your daughter sees you fighting (requested)

"Good evening, honey," Lisa said with a smile on her face as she appeared in the kitchen. "I'm home and," She paused as she wrapped her arms around you. "I got you these."

She put the bouquet of flowers that she picked out for you on the way home in front of you, gently setting them on the countertop.

"Thanks." You mumbled as you pulled away from her and went to grab a vase for the flowers.

Lisa folded her arms over her chest and furrowed her eyebrows as she leaned back against the counter and watched you from across the room.

You seemed upset at her and even though she anticipated it, she figured the flowers would be a good start in making the last few days up to you.

"You're mad at me?" She asked.

"What do you think?"

"Come on, babe. Please don't do this." She pleaded. "I don't want to argue with you."

"Oh, what, you think I do, Lisa?" You asked as you spun around to look at her. "I don't want to argue with you but you've made the last few days so difficult!"

"I know I've been coming home late and missing a few things like dinner with you both but cut me a little slack. We've been working hard lately and YG is really pushing us."

"I understand that Lisa, I do. But it's not just me who's upset by you not being here when you say you will be. In fact, I can handle it most of the time. Because I'm understanding. But our six-year-old daughter doesn't understand it and you should see how crushed she's been when you don't come home for dinner or tuck her into bed at night!"

Lisa threw her hands up in the air in frustration.

"I'm trying my best but I'm only one person Y/N and there is only so much that I can do! You act like I don't want to be here and I do. It's not fair when you point the finger at me like this!"

"Don't act like that. I'm not asking for much from you. I just want you to be here for our daughter! She's been crying because you're not here to sing her to sleep or read her a story most nights. It's just me and I'm getting a little fed up with it, Lisa!"

"I'm trying my best, Y/N! Dammit, why can't you see that!?" She yelled loudly and you shook your head at her.

Suddenly, a sniffle came from across the room, over toward the staircase.

You both looked at each other for a second before you shook your head at her.

"Nice going." You mumbled as you shoved your way past her and over to the stairs.

Your six-year-old daughter, Emma, sat on the last step with her teddy bear clutched against her chest.

She had tears in her eyes and when you walked over to her, her lower lip trembled.

"What are you doing out of bed, baby? It's late."

She lowered her head just as Lisa walked into the room.

"Hey, my baby. What's going on?" Lisa asked as she sat down next to Emma.

"I don't want you to fight." She sniffled.

You and Lisa looked at each other before you sat down on the other side of your fragile and sad six-year-old.

"You won't break up, right?"

"No, sweetie." You said. "We're not going to break up."

Divorce is something that has never crossed your minds, not even when you're angry with each other.

"You don't have to be scared of that. Your mom is stuck with me until we're old and grey." Lisa told Emma as she gazed at you.

You and Emma giggled over her words.

"I don't like it when we fight either." You said to Lisa, who reached across Emma to place her hand on your thigh.

"Me neither." Lisa softly spoke. "I'm sorry I've been working so much lately. Since we decided to stay a group, YG is kicking our butts and wanting us to have another comeback, shockingly."

You chuckled weakly.

"But there's a time where I need to draw the line sometimes. I haven't been home with my girls lately at all and that's not fair to either of you. So I'm taking tomorrow off."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"What will they do if they don't like it? Fire me?" She laughed, making you do the same. "What do you say tomorrow we watch some movies and go for ice cream?" She asked Emma, whose eyes lit up.

"Yeah!" She excitedly said. "Will you sing to me, mommy?"

"Absolutely." Lisa smiled as she ran her fingers through Emma's hair. "I'm going to be singing you to sleep a lot more often from now on. Almost every night."

"Promise?" Emma asked.

Lisa looked at you, knowing that if she promised this to Emma, breaking it would be breaking your little girl's heart.

But she had no intention to break the promise.

So, she wrapped her pinky around Emma's with a kiss on her forehead.

"Promise, lovebug. Now, go back up to bed and I'll come in there in a minute to sing you back to sleep."

"Okay!" Emma said before getting up and running up the stairs to her room.

Lisa scooted closer to you and put her hand on your thigh.

"I'm going to do better. I'm going to tell YG that my family needs to come first. I can't bear to do this to my girls anymore."

"Thank you." You said as you put your cheek on her shoulder. "I'm sorry for what I said. I know you're doing your best, baby. I know you're only one person but so am I. It gets hard to do everything on my own sometimes and I miss you."

"I know, baby. I miss you too. I promise things are going to change. I love you both a lot and I'm going to make sure that I'm here to take care of you both." She promised as she wrapped her pinky around yours, making you giggle and do the same.

"We love you too."

She leaned in to put her lips on yours, only to hear,

"Mommy, hurry up!"

She pulled away from your lips just as they touched yours and you giggled as she sighed.

"I'm coming, darling!" She said as she stood up.

"Go upstairs and run us a bath. I need one and so do you."

It sounded so romantic and so relieving.

So as she went across the hall to your daughter, you went to the bedroom and into the bathroom to start up a bath for you to share, where you'd spend some time talking and sharing kisses until the water would get cold.