overthinking (requested)

"Are you okay, baby?" Lisa asked as she placed her hand on your thigh.

You're sitting in bed next to her as quiet as can be, which is very unlike you.

Usually, with Lisa, you're making some type of conversation.

But today, all she's getting from you is silence.

You nodded your head wordlessly and she frowned because, yet again, you were quiet.

"You're not. Tell me what's wrong." She said.

But you just continued to get lost in your thoughts and stay silent with her, making her feel a little sad.

"Talk to me, darling. What is it?"

You breathed out a sad sigh as you looked into her eyes, shrugging your shoulders.

"You know what's bothering you." She said. "Tell me about it."

You shook your head.

"Fine then. I guess I'll just have to tickle you."

"No!"

"Yes!" She shrieked before pulling you onto her lap.

She tickled your sides and your laughter filled the room, making a big smile pull at her lips.

"Lisa!" You laughed. "Quit!"

"No chance. Not until you tell me what's bothering you."

She laid you down before grabbing your sock-covered feet and began to tickle them.

"Stop it! I can't take it!" You laughed as you squirmed around on the sofa.

"Then talk to me."

She stopped and you took a second to catch your breath.

"C'mon, darling. What's the matter?"

"Just overthinking, I guess."

"About?"

"Everything." You sighed and she intertwined your fingers together as you spoke. "So much has been stressing me out lately, as you know. I guess I just can't get out of my head today. It's really bothering me."

"Days like that happen. But I know everything will work out. Don't overthink it, baby. I promise everything will be okay."

"You think so, Lili?"

"I do." She smiled. "Because you're a good person and you deserve the world. Things will be alright. I promise. And remember, no matter what, I'm always here for you."

You sat up and looped your arms around her neck, softly kissing her lips.

"Thank you for being here for me. I love you."

"Always, sweet girl. I love you too." She smiled before kissing you again, her fingertips gently brushing across your back as you got lost in her kisses.