you fall down the stairs and break something important to her (requested)

You hugged Lisa from behind as you watched her cook the meal you were about to share tonight.

It's an off night and she wanted to do something special for the two of you and instead of spending another night ordering takeout or making you cook, she decided to make tonight's meal.

"It looks and smells so good. I can't wait to eat it." You said as your mouth watered over how good the food looked.

"Thank you, my love," She happily spoke. "Can you do me a quick favor? My phone is upstairs charging but it should be done by now. Can you grab it for me? I want to make sure that I follow this recipe perfectly."

"Of course." You said before kissing her cheek. "But don't worry, baby. I'm sure it's going to be perfect."

She smiled from ear to ear as you left the room and headed upstairs to grab her phone for her.

You hummed to yourself as you reached the bedroom.

Going over to her nightstand, you unplugged her phone from the charger and saw that it was at one hundred percent.

You made your way out of the bedroom and started to walk down the stairs when you suddenly tripped.

You fell down quite a few steps and landed with a thud on the floor.

You were met with instant pain in your ankle and let out a scream from how intense it was.

Lisa turned the stove off and dropped everything as she hurried to you.

"Are you okay? What happened?"  She asked as she knelt on the floor.

Taking one look at your ankle, she knew it had to be broken.

But that wasn't the only thing that was broken.

She saw her phone on the floor beside your leg and saw that the screen was shattered.

"Oh, no!" She groaned. "Shoot, it's broken!"

"So is my ankle." You said as you tried to blink away the tears that gathered in your eyes from the pain.

"How could you do this? You're such a klutz!" She said angrily. "Now my phone is ruined!"

You scoffed at her, unable to believe that she was more concerned about her broken phone rather than your broken ankle.

"Really, Lisa? I'm in serious pain right now and all you can think about is your stupid phone?" You asked, almost yelling at her.

You didn't mean to but you were angry about her being angry at the wrong thing and you were also in a tremendous amount of pain.

"Screw you. I'll take myself to the hospital." You said as you tried to stand up.

Lisa wasn't angry anymore though.

She realized how wrong she  was and that she was being silly for being so upset about something that could easily be replaced.

Your ankle, however, was a different story and that mattered much more to her than her phone.

"I'm sorry, baby. I don't know what I was thinking." She said as she shook her head. "I'm such an idiot."

"You are!"

She laughed as she nodded her head in agreement.

"I know. I'm terribly sorry for yelling at you and for getting mad about my phone. I can replace it very easily. You matter much more than that."

"It didn't feel like it a minute ago."

"I'm so sorry, baby. Please forgive me." She pleaded. "Let me take you to the hospital, okay? I'll make everything up to you later, just let me take care of you now and get you some help."

"Okay." You agreed.

She helped you stand up and her heart shattered over the sounds of intense pain that left your lips.

She gave up on helping you walk halfway through and instead had you get on her back.

She carried you to the car and helped you inside before she got into the driver's seat and hurried off to the emergency room, hoping to get you feeling much better in no time.

And also hoping that she could make up for what happened because you matter more than anything else to her and she needed you to know that.