you catch your daughter trying to peek at her Christmas gifts early (requested)

You couldn't help but yawn as you dragged your feet across the floor as you exited the bathroom and entered the bedroom.

You and Lisa just decided to call it a night, so you just finished brushing your teeth for the night.

Even though it's only a little after ten o'clock, you're both exhausted after the day that you had.

It's almost Christmas and you just finished all of your shopping for everyone that you're buying gifts for; the girls, family, friends, and especially your daughter who Lisa insisted on spending as much money on as possible to spoil her, as usual.

"Come here, pretty girl. Give me some cuddles." Lisa said as she pulled the blanket back on the bed.

A sleepy smile pulled at your lips as you walked over to the bed and climbed in beside her.

As you laid down, you turned your head and reached over to turn off the lamp by your bedside.

However, as you did so, you saw a shadow outside your door of someone walking by.

You heard the stairs creak as someone walked down them and you had the feeling that you knew who it was and what they were doing.

"Oh, boy. Come on, let's go, Lili."

"What? Go where?" She asked and gazed at you in confusion.

"I just saw someone walk by our bedroom door and heard the stairs creak. I think someone is out of her bed and going downstairs to peek at her Christmas gifts."

"No!" Lisa gasped before getting out of bed with you.

You opened the bedroom door and just as you thought, your little girl's door was open and she wasn't in her room.

You and Lisa hurried downstairs and saw your daughter sitting in front of the tree with a few of her gifts beside her.

She had already opened one and was in the middle of opening another.

"Emma!" Lisa yelled, causing Emma to drop her present onto the floor. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Nothing." She said.

"Emma," You scolded. "You were trying to peek at your presents early, weren't you?"

She lowered her head before nodding it in confirmation.

"Baby, why would you do that? You know how hard mommy and I worked on getting you these gidts." Lisa said as you both sat down in front of her.

"I was just excited."

"I know you're excited, honey. But Christmas isn't too far away. It's only a few days from now. You have to be patient." You said.

"I think we should move the gifts into our room so no one can peek at them anymore," Lisa suggested.

It wasn't such a bad idea, especially since you had the feeling that if you didn't, your daughter would try to peek at the gifts again.

"Honey, you can't look at your gifts early. I know you're excited but it's not too long until you'll get them all."

"I know." She said as she looked at you two with apologetic eyes. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You just don't want Santa to leave coal in your stocking because he found out you looked at your gifts early, right?"

She gasped before shaking her head quickly.

"Exactly. So no more peeking at your gifts. You have to wait until Christmas morning to see all of your presents."

"Okay, I promise!" She said and held her pinky out, wrapping it around Lisa's and then yours.

"Okay. Now back up to bed." You said.

Emma quickly got up and went upstairs to her room with you and Lisa following behind.

"You look sleepy," Lisa said as she noticed how tired your daughter looked. "Stay in bed now. Go to sleep. No more peeking at your gifts."

"Okay." She said as you rubbed her head, watching her eyes slip shut.

Lisa hummed quietly as you both watched her drift off to sleep.

Once you knew that she was out, you both gave her a kiss on her head and then went back across the hall to your shared room.

"Looks like we have more gifts to wrap tomorrow." Lisa sighed as you bith laid down in bed, wrapped up in each other's arms.

You chuckled and kissed her neck.

"We're not out of the woods just yet."

"Do you think she'll look at them again?" Lisa asked as she brushed her fingers across your side.

"No. I think she knows better now, especially since she's afraid Santa will get upset with her and give her coal."

Lisa shook her head with a laugh.

"Hey, at least it worked." She said before turning off the light. "I say tomorrow we go out for hot chocolate and go see some Christmas lights."

"Sounds perfect." You agreed before kissing her lips softly. "I love you."

"I love you too." She said before closing her eyes, so in love with her little family.