she comes home to find you having a panic attack (requested)

"Y/N, baby! I'm home!" Lisa called out as she walked into your shared home.

She took off her shoes and looked to the staircase, thinking she'd see you running down to her at any second.

When she gets home each evening, when you're home and upstairs, you always hurry down the stairs and into her arms.

And she knows you're home because your car is parked out in the driveway.

But you're nowhere in sight and she had to admit that she was a little worried.

"Baby?" She said as she peeked upstairs.

She shook her head with a smile as she started to make her way up to the bedroom.

"Are you sleeping? Or do you have your headphones in again?"

She didn't think too much of the silence she was getting in return to her questions.

She just thought you might be sleeping or you were listening to some music with the volume turned up loud and that's why you weren't answering.

But her smile faded away as soon as she entered the bedroom.

You were sitting on the floor with your head in your hands as you rocked back and forth.

"Baby, what's going on?" She asked as she hurried over to you.

She knew immediately that you were having a panic attack, right as soon as she saw that look in your eyes and heard you struggling to catch your breath.

You were trembling, your palms were sweating, and your heart was pounding against your chest.

She didn't ask you any more questions.

Instead, she pulled you into her arms and tried to help you through it.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here. Try to breathe for me."

"I can't." You said in a panic. "I can't breathe. I'm so scared."

"Shh, don't be. It's okay. You're going to be just fine, darling. I'm here with you. Just focus on me. You're doing a great job."

You couldn't even speak.

You couldn't form any clear or rational thoughts.

Your mind was just racing uncontrollably and everything was going wrong.

It just seemed like your world was spinning out of control and you couldn't do anything to stop it.

"You're okay, baby. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. You're safe, I promise." She said and kissed your head comfortingly.

You took some deep breaths as she did the same, having you follow her lead.

"That's great, baby. You're doing so good." She said as she held your hands. "Just breathe."

You squeezed your eyes shut and squeezed her hands tightly as your panic attack started to fade away, little by little.

"That's my girl."

"I don't know what to do. I'm scared."

"Don't be, my love. You're doing fantastic. It's almost over. Just keep breathing, keep focusing on me."

It took a few minutes for it to completely go away but once it did, a breath of relief left your lips and you put your head back against Lisa's shoulder.

"That's it, baby. You're so strong. It's over, you're safe."

"Thank you, baby. I couldn't have gone through that on my own." You said as she held you a little tighter.

"It's no problem, my love. I'm here for you, always."

You took a deep breath before spinning around to face her.

"What set it off?"

"I don't know. I was just curled up in bed and watching tv and then all of a sudden, it just hit me. I'm not sure what caused it."

"That's okay. Sometimes there's a reason, other times there isn't. It happens. The point is it's over and you're okay now. I'm here."

"I love you so much." You said as you put your head on her shoulder.

"I love you too." She said as she brushed her hand across your back. "And I'll always be here to help you, I promise."

She kissed your head and you closed your eyes, grateful that the panic attack was over and that you always had Lisa to lean on.