you're her safe place (requested)

Your tired eyes slipped shut as the sound of one of your favorite shows played over the TV.

It's been an exhausting week but, at last, you finally have a day off and you're looking forward to getting a little rest.

Even though Lisa wasn't here to hold you due to having to work on some stuff for the group today, you were wearing one of her hoodies and her scent lingered on her pillow, which you were cuddled up with.

It brought you some warmth and contentedness and that helped you drift off into a light slumber.

But just as you fell asleep, you were awoken by the sound of your phone ringing.

You reached for it and saw that Rose was calling you.

"Hey, Rosie. Is everything alright?" You asked as you sat up against the pillows.

"No." She said. "We don't know what to do. Lisa is having a huge panic attack and nothing we do is helping to calm her down. She needs you. Can you come down here?"

You could hear the franticness behind her voice; she was very worried about her friend and understandably so.

"Of course. I'm on my way right now." You said as you jumped out of bed.

You put on your shoes and grabbed your keys and wallet before rushing down the stairs and out the door.

"Tell her I'm on my way. I'll be there in just a few minutes."

"Okay. Thank you, Y/N." Rosé said with a slight breath of relief, knowing that Lisa was going to be able to calm down soon finally.

You ended the call and hurried to YG as fast as possible.

Pulling into a parking spot, you pulled the keys out of the ignition and rushed into the building and down to the girls' practice room as fast as you could.

You were out of breath when you entered but you didn't care.

All that mattered was that you were finally there for your girl.

"Thank god you're here," Jennie said.

You looked across the room to find Lisa almost curled up into a ball, frantic and panicked.

"She seemed a little overwhelmed so she said she was going to go and get some fresh air and a drink from the cafe down the street but she returned here just a few minutes later," Jisoo said.

"We don't know what set it off but we know that you're the only one that can calm her down," Rosie said.

"Lili, baby," You said as you reached her side.

"Come on, let's give them a little space," Jisoo said before the three of them left the room, leaving only you and Lisa inside.

"Baby?" You quietly spoke as you placed your hand on her shoulder. "I'm here now, okay?"

She lifted her head and gazed at you.

It was clear that she felt very overwhelmed and you wished that you could take it all away from her and make her feel alright again.

"Come here, my love." You spoke as you pulled her into your embrace.

"I can't breathe." She said as she gripped your shirt tight. "I can't, Y/N."

"Shh, it's alright, baby. You can. Just focus on me."

She was so anxious as she clung to you and held you so tight, almost as if she was terrified you might leave or completely disappear.

"It's okay, Lisa. You don't have to worry now. I'm right here with you and I'm not going anywhere." You whispered as you began to rub her back soothingly.

When she gets this anxious and overwhelmed, you are the only thing that can ever help to calm her down.

You're her anchor, her security; the place she knows she's safest and without judgment.

She only needs you.

"Come on, baby. Breathe with me. In and out, you can do it."

She closed her eyes and, at first, her breaths were very uneven and shaky.

But as she put her head on your chest and listened to your heartbeat and your breathing, she was able to eventually get a little air into her lungs.

She listened to you breathe evenly and, soon enough, she was able to follow and do the same.

"That's my girl. Keep breathing, you're doing amazing."

She continued to hold you tight, though her grip on you loosened slightly because she knew you weren't going to disappear.

You gave her soft, lingering kisses across her forehead and her temples.

You rubbed her back, spoke softly into her ear, and kept your arms around her to keep her secure and warm as she slowly came down from the extreme anxiety attack she had been struggling with for so long.

"I felt anxious and stressed when I got here today." She quietly said. "I don't know why but I get those days."

"That's understandable, my love. You're human and you have a lot on your plate. It's understandable that you feel that way sometimes."

"I figured if I went and grabbed a drink from the cafe down the block that I like a lot and I just got a little fresh air, I'd be alright. But I got halfway there when people spotted me and they shoved their phones in my face. Paparazzi shoved their giant cameras in my face and people were screaming in my ears and pulling at my arms and my hair. It scared me."

You nodded though your heart shattered, knowing that some people get overly excited and don't realize just how overwhelming everything can be for her and the girls as well.

"So I came back here and I realized that I didn't have you to lean on because you were at home. The girls tried to comfort me and I love and appreciate them so much but I needed you and then I had this huge anxiety attack and-"

"Shh, breathe, Lili." You whispered as her words became rushed and her breathing became uneven again.

You didn't want her to throw herself into another anxiety attack.

She went quiet for a moment as she just held onto you and breathed in the smell of your body wash from early this morning that lingered on your skin.

"You don't have to worry. I know it's scary but it's over now. I'm here with you. It's just us and you're safe and sound. I promise."

She looked up at you with a little smile on her face.

You tucked a lock of hair behind her ear before you kissed her forehead lovingly.

"You're my safe place." She whispered. "You know that, right? You're the only one who can bring me the comfort I need and the only one that makes me feel so loved. You're the one I want to be with forever. You're my safe place, Y/N."

"That makes me so happy to hear because you're mine too." You smiled. "I want to be with you forever too and I promise, I will be. I'm never going to leave you. I'm not going anywhere. You'll always be safe with me."

She kissed you softly and you basked in the warmth of her lips on yours.

"You're my everything." You whispered as she pulled away and put her cheek on your chest. "I love you so much."

"I love you more." She said as she closed her eyes, feeling much better now, and it was all thanks to you.