why are we together? (requested)

"Oh, baby, you scared me," Lisa said as she turned the lights on in the kitchen to find you sitting down at the table.

She just arrived home from yet another long and busy day and she thought you'd be up in bed asleep.

But, to her surprise, there you were, wide awake.

"I thought you'd be sleeping by now. It's almost two am." She said.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep." You said quietly as you nervously toyed with your fingers.

Lisa grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before making her way to the table to sit down beside you.

"Are you okay? Did you have a rough day or something?"

"No." You said. "Just thinking."

"Well, that's never good." She teased. "What are you thinking about, my love?"

"Us."

Her heart sank a little.

"In a good way?"

You shrugged your shoulders, making her worry.

"Do you want to tell me what you're thinking about when it comes to us?" She asked as she took your hand.

"Why are we together, Lisa?"

Your question caught her off guard.

It wasn't what she expected to hear come out of your mouth.

"What?"

"Why are we together?"

"Because we love each other." She said, scoffing slightly. "Are you pranking me or something?"

"No. I'm just thinking." You said as you pulled your hand away from hers. "I just can't stop thinking."

"About?"

"You're so busy all the time these days. You're flying from place to place to place and I'm here all by myself all the time. I mean, I work, but when I come home the house is always empty. I only see you for a few minutes before we fall asleep, that is if I'm not already asleep by the time you get home. I see you before you go to work because you wake me up to kiss me goodbye. But... that's the only time I see you."

Lisa was beginning to feel anxious now.

She didn't know where you were going with this but she feared that it wasn't good.

"I'm not saying that I didn't know what I was getting into when we first started dating. I knew that you'd be busy a lot and that we wouldn't have much time together."

"Then what's the problem now?"

"The problem is I'm constantly canceling dates, I'm always alone, and our house doesn't feel like home anymore. I feel so alone sometimes, Lisa. I don't know what to do."

"I'm sorry." She said as she grabbed your hands. "Y/N, I hate that my job keeps me so busy that we don't get much time together but things are going to start slowing down soon and when they do, I'm yours."

"But how do you know that? That could change at any time."

She hung her head in sadness.

"Are you saying you want to break up?"

"No. No, that's the last thing I want. I just... I miss you." You said, tearing up a bit.

She looked back up at you and brought your hands to her lips for sweet kisses.

"I miss you too." She said as she squeezed your hands tightly. "I'm going to change things around. I'm going to make more time for you, for us."

"No, Lili, I know you have to work and you can't get out of it."

"I can sometimes. Like tomorrow. I'll play sick, the girls will cover for me." She said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." She said with a little smile. "You're right, I've been so busy lately that we haven't really seen each other and we can't keep going like this. I miss you so much."

"I miss you a lot." You said.

"That's why tomorrow is going to be our day."

"What if you get into trouble?"

"Oh, what are they going to do about it? Fire me?" She asked, making you giggle. "And more of these days are going to take place. We're going to be spending a lot more time together from this point forward. When I go places, you're coming with me."

"I have work, Lisa."

"You can skip some days."

"And if I lose my job?"

"Then we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. But from now on, we come first. I promise you, we're going to be spending a lot more time together. So much time together, you might get annoyed with me."

"I could never get annoyed with you, baby."

She smiled before pulling you in for a soft kiss.

"So? Are we okay? Do you feel better?"

"Yeah. Everything's good." You said as you kissed her again.

"Feel up to staying awake for a while with me? We could cuddle and watch some movies together."

"I like that idea." You said with a big smile, making Lisa's heart flutter.

"I'll grab us a few snacks and then we'll go up to the bedroom and spend some time together."

"Okay." You grinned from ear to ear.

You felt much better now and you were so excited to spend more time with her.