Chapter 3: Dexters POV

Okay, think. How does a nerd flirt with a beautiful girl? Not that I enjoy referring to myself as a nerd, but if we are being technical then that is what I am. Gosh Blossom looked so perfect standing there. Alone. Thank goodness she is alone otherwise I do not think I would have the nerve to walk up to her, let alone ask her out. I have talked to her a couple times before but my soul almost jumped out of my chest. Plus, it was only to ask her for pencils or an eraser. That probably made her think I was super lame. The closer I got to her the more I sweat. I was becoming pretty terrified, there was so much that could mess up this moment. Just then, fate decided to slap me in the face. Blossoms sisters, Bubbles and Buttercup, flew over and grabbed her hand. "Come on sis, lets go home! I miss the professor." Bubbles giggled but then...oh no...our eyes met and smile exploded across her face. "Dexterrrrr!" She sped over, wrapping me in a huge hug. "Dexter how are you? I like the new lab coat!"
"Thanks Bubbles." I could see Blossom flying over with Buttercup. Oh no, please no. I could never ask her out with the others around her. Dammit. "Come on Bubbles, don't wrinkle it, especially if it is new." Blossom winked and gave Bubbles a tug. "Lets go." As the girls flew off, Blossom yelled, "Later Dexter!" My heart stopped. A wink and she called me by name. I went home happy.