Chapter 5: Bricks POV

We returned home to the sound of Boomer throwing up. Thats nice. "Yum" Butch cackled. I shot him a look to go check on Boomer and he groaned but did what I said. I am the leader around the house since we were left here 16 years ago. We taught ourselves everything we know, and it helps that we have powers. Boomer is the happier of us three. He seems like a wuss until he starts kicking bad guys asses. Butch does not say much but when he does, you can bet it is going to be sarcastic. I watch out for us, I am the guardian. A fun guardian of course, I do not believe in adults. I heard a screech and some cussing so I ran into the bedroom. "What the hell is going on in here?" I yelled. Butch came barreling at me, chucking his shirt on the floor. "Dweeb face vomited on me"
"I told you to take care of him"
"I DID! For the love of god I was walking him to the bathroom and this is how he thanks me?" I was trying to hold back a laugh but I failed. Butch punched my arm and stomped away. "Boomer?" I shouted, "you okay?" He responded with a cough and a muffled yeah, so I followed Butch out of the room. I grabbed some coke from fridge and plopped down on the couch but my relaxing did not last long. Boomer zipped into the living room looking frantic. "I saw it out the window. Fire next door, we have to go help!" I raised my eyebrows, "Boomer you are not up for this, Butch and I got--" He cut me off by flying out the door. Nice. Butch and I followed him outside. Well he was right, our neighbors house was blazing and a man and woman were standing outside watching. Dexters parents. But where was Dexter... "Help!" The woman screamed. Tears were sprouting out of her eyes. "My baby boy is still in there, help us please!" Goddamn Dexter. I knew right then he was the one that started the fire. "Boomer, hose the place down. Butch get them farther from the house, and make sure the police have been contacted."
"We got it." Blossom? Sure enough, the Powerpuff girls were hovering above me. "Blossom babe, come to see the show?" She ignored me. "Bubbles get Dexter, Buttercup help Butch...and watch out." Blossom flew over the house, blowing a frosty wind over the fire. Flakes of ice fell down all over the house soon after the fire was out. Impressive, but they stole my moment. I should have figured as much.