(S1) Five

Once we arrived at Vanya's we sat in the dark. I was on the couch and Five was in the chair beside it.

We heard the keys jingle and the door opened. She came inside and jumped when she saw us.

"Jesus!"

"You should get locks on your windows." I said.

"I live on the second floor." She said.

"Rapist's can climb." Five says.

I admit, my comment might have been a little bit weird, but his?

"You two are so weird." She said.

She then looks at our clothes that are covered in blood.

"Is that blood?" She asked.

"Its nothing." Me and Five said in unison.

She nods her head and walks to the bathroom. A few seconds later she comes back out with a medical kit.

(Is that what it's called?? I'm not sure 😭)

I take it from her and Five rolls up his sleeve.

"Why are you here?" She asks as she sits on the couch.

"We've decided you're the only one we can trust." He said.

I continued to clean his cut with alcohol and he clenched his fist a bit.

(Idk Abt you guys but I'm just like, imagining the veins 😻 SORRY CONTINUE)

"Why me?" She asked.

"Because you're ordinary." Five said.

I pressed down on his cut harder and he winced in pain.

"Because you'll listen." He corrected himself.

I take out the needle and thread from the kit and start to stitch his cut up. He clenched his fist harder which made it harder to stich.

"Gotta relax, Five." I said.

He nodded and tried to ignore the pain.

"When we jumped forward and got stuck in the future you know what we found?" He asked.

She shook her head no.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." I said finishing stitching his arm.

"As far as we could tell, we were the last people alive." He said.

"We never figured out what killed the human race but..we did find out something. The date it happens. The world ends in eight days, and we have no idea how to stop it." I say.

"I'll put on a pot of coffee." Vanya said.

----

17 years ago..

Me and Five were in my room talking about whatever. It was almost dinner and me and him were bored so he came to my room.

"Ok, ok, what's one thing you really want to do?" I asked.

He thought for a minute.

"Time travel. But dad says no. He thinks I'm not ready. But I am! I've been practicing." He said.

I looked up at him and gave him a seriously' look.

"I think you should wait pretty boy. But if you do, take me with you. I hate this hell hole." I said as I leaned back on my bed.

"Why do you call me pretty boy?" He asked.

"Because its funny to see you get all flustered." I said.

I heard the dinner bell ring and hopped off my bed. I kissed Five's cheek before running away just to tease him a bit.