(S2) Six

Fives pov

I'm sitting in a chair of mental hospital, waiting for Diego. Two guards come into the room with Diego.

He was dressed in all white and his hair was longer.

"Five." Diego whispers.

"Hey, Diego. You look good in white." I say.

Diego sits in the chair across the table from me.

"About time you showed up."

"How'd you know I'd be back. " I ask.

"Because that's the kind of shit you and Y/n pull. Speaking of Y/n, where is she? Isn't she supposed to be with you?" Diego asks as he leans closer to me.

"I haven't found her yet." I say.

"Are you serious? Do you know how dangerous it is out there?"

"I'm sure she'll be fine." I tell him.

"I wasn't talking about her. I know she can handle herself, she's fucking terrifying. You'd be dead in a second without her. You may be an assassin or whatever, but you need to be careful."

I roll my eyes. I can handle myself just as well as Y/n can.

What the hell am I saying? She's always been better at fighting than me.

"Y/n could kill a person with a piece of paper," he continues. "I just think you might get hurt without her, because let's be honest, she does like eighty five percent of the work."

I roll my eyes once more.

"I'll find her soon. I promise. I'm trying to find her but I found you by coincidence. I'll find her before the others."

"They're not with you?"

I pause and lean back a bit.

"We'll find them. How long have you been here?"

"Seventy five days. Landed in the alley
behind-"

"Commerce and Knox." we say at the same
time.

"You?" Diego asks.

"I got here this morning." I say as I sit up straighter.

"How'd you find me?"

I scoff a little and pull out the newspaper article Elliott gave me.

"Page 16. Disturbed man with multiple knives arrested outside 1026 North Beckley."

Diego leans back in his chair and chuckles a little.

"That's Lee Harvey Oswald's house. Care to explain?"  I ask as I push the newspaper article towards him.

"Let's just say Dallas Law Enforcement has not been supportive of my attempt to stop the assassination of...John F. Kennedy." Diego whispers.

"That's because it hasn't happened yet." I whisper back.

"And it's not going to happen. Not on my watch."

Diego leans in closer to me and lowers his voice a little bit more.

"Look, I've been shaving down the bars in my room. Another day or two, and I'll be out of this place, then I'm gonna stop Oswald and save the president. You want in, say the word."

Does he really think the police would believe him? And even more crazy, does he think I would want in? That would be the last thing I want right now. I want to find Y/n.

"Listen to me very closely, you gibbering moron. You are not going to do a goddamn thing." I whisper.

"Why not?"

"Because we have to stop the apocalypse."

"No shit. But that doesn't happen for another 60 years."

"Not that apocalypse. This is a new one. It followed us. I've seen it. Nuclear war, Diego, in ten days."

Diego leans back in his chair again and laughs.

"And I'm the one they locked up, huh?"

I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Fine, I'll play along. What causes it?" Diego asks.

"I don't know. Maybe some looney tuned asshole with a hero complex tried to save the president and screwed everything up."

"So you're saying it worked?"

Is he serious right now? How does Y/n put up with this?

"I saved the president? I knew I could do it. Okay, okay, I'll help you."

"Thank God." I say.

"After I save Kennedy. And then you swing us back a few decades so I can slit Hitler's throat off with a butter knife." Diego says. I stare at Diego in disbelief.

"This is why your only friend is Y/n. You know what? Guard!" I call as I get up from my seat. "My brother is plotting an escape. The bars of his room have been shaved down."

"Piece of shit!" Diego yells as he tries to climb
over the table and attack me.

I move back and two guards pin Diego down on the table.

"No! Here... All right, asshole." Diego mumbles.

"Look, this is for your own good, Diego." I say as I walk to the side of the table

"No! Five!"

A nurse comes in with a needle and sticks it in Diego's arm.

"Listen, my brother is a very sick man. I only pray that he gets the help he so desperately needs."

"No, please! Not the needle! No! No! No!" Diego yells.

When he calms down I lean down towards
him and whisper in his ear. "Be back for you later, okay? Just, well, nighty night."

----

A/n: I'm so sorry bbgs, I've been gone for so long 😭