(S1) Twenty Six

Me and Five finished our drinks and turned around when we heard Diego getting up.

"Good. You're up." Five says.

"Ready for a drink?" I ask.

Diego immediately stands up and looks around.

"Where is he?" Diego asks.

"We let him go." I replied.

"You what?" He yells at me.

"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop." Five says.

Diego scoffs and picks up his knives. He was about to leave when I grab his knives out of his hands with my telekinesis.

"Hey, Hazel didn't kill Patch. His partner, Cha-Cha did." I tell him.

"So what? They were both there that night."

I roll my eyes and his knives drop to the floor.

"This half of the partnership gave me both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene." I tell him.

"Hazel came here looking for a way out. He wanted a fresh start. And he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good. So it's time to move on." Five says

"Not a chance!"

"Suit yourself."

Five and I get off the chair and start to walk away.

"I am curious," Five said turning around. "your girlfriend, Patch. What did you like about her?"

I turn around and look at them.

"A lot of things. Cute butt. Nice legs. What do you like about Y/n?"

"Oh a lot of things. Pretty, smart, amazing se-" Five says but I slap my hand over his mouth.

"A little more profound than that, Diego." I say.

I can feel Five smirking under my hand and I take my hand away.

"She believed in people. No matter how much shit and filth she saw on the streets. She always saw the good inside."

"Well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know that you're killing Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to honor her memory." Five says as we walk away.

When we get halfway up the stairs look at Five.

"You got anything a little more profound than what you said down there?" I ask.

"You're smart, funny, beautiful, you always helped, put others before yourself, which you have to stop doing sometimes." He says as we keep walking up the stairs.

I hum in response as I open the door to my room. Five walks in and I shut the door behind him.

"I also really like when you have an attitude. Or when you're threatening someone. It's really entertaining and it's attractive." He says.

"That's better." I say walking over to him.

"But what I said was true. Amazing se-"

"Shut up!" I yell at him laughing.

He just smiles as he looks at me.

"You always gotta make it weird." I tell him before pushing his face away with my hand.

"Y'know, I always liked your room." Five says putting his hands in his pockets.

"Why?"

"I don't know. It just looked nice. It was always organized. I've never really seen it messy. And the pictures of me and you in your drawer was really cute." He says.

I shrug.

"I guess. The only reason it was always clean was because Ben was in here a lot and he helped me clean some."

"I'm still offended that you put a picture of you and him on your night stand and not a picture of us." He says.

I chuckle as I walk over to the picture of me and Ben.

"Well, Ben was really important to me. He helped me so much. You remember that time we saved that one girl in a fire? And how she was all touchy and flirty with you after? Yeah, well, you kinda acted like you liked her so I told Ben about how upset I was about it. My point is, I could trust him with anything." I say.

"I understand. I know how much you miss him."

"I'm glad the apocalypse is over." I say turning around to Five.

He nods as he stares at the floor.

"What's on your mind?" I ask sitting down in my bed.

"We should return Delores." Five says.

"Oh, um, sure. I guess. I mean, we've been friends with her for so long. I guess it's time we sort of grew up. Normally." I say.

He was going to say something else but the academy shakes slightly. I stand up and look around.

"What was that?" I ask him.

"Probably a small earthquake. Or our siblings doing something stupid."

I nod and walk over to Five.

"Come on. Let's get this over with." I say.

I grab my backpack and we walk out of my room but I stop and turn around to Five.

"I'm taking one of your blazers. This house is freezing." I say.

He nods and takes off his blazer. He hands it to me and blinks to his room.

I put it on. It was a little bit bigger on me and smelled like him.

He blinked back in front of me with another blazer on and we walked out.

*Time skip bc I'm a lazy whore*

We walk into the the department store. It was cleaned up and looked the same before Hazel and Cha-Cha attacked us here.

"Hey." Five says as he sets Delores by her friends.

"I bet it feels good to be back amongst your
friends." I say.

"And it's okay, you can...say it. We all knew this day would come where we would have to bring you back to your friends. This isn't easy for us, Delores, and we....we want you to know that we cherish every single minute we ever shared with you, all 23 and a half million of them." Five says.

"A lifetime." I whisper.

"Now look at us. We're lucky enough, we get a second one." Five says.

"You have a lot of growing up to do." She says.

Five and I let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah. You're right." I say.

"We'll never forget you, Delores."

Five and I let out a sigh and we walk out of the store.

(YALL, I'M SORRY. IT WILL PHYSICALLY HURT ME TO WRITE "She likes sequins." SO NO. I JUST CAN'T DO IT)

"How about I take you on that date tomorrow?" Five asks as we walk out.

"Where?" I ask smiling.

"Wherever you want." He says.

"Really?"

"Really. And we can go to that park we always went to at night."

I smile as I remember it. One of those nights Five tried to climb a tree and fell off.

While we were walking I noticed a newspaper stand. I walked over to it grabbed a paper, and when I saw the title my heart dropped.

"Five, we're gonna have to cancel our date." I say handing him the newspaper.

It was the exact same newspaper we found in the apocalypse.

"Ah shit."

----

A/n: THE NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST CHAPTER. ITS GONNA BE A LONG ONE. AHHHHHHHH I CANT BELIEVE IT. I JUST IAIWJDMDJJDJDHDMDMDNBCMXOSUSHSSHGSHSHS.