(S1) Twelve

I fell asleep almost as soon as we got there and so did Five. I woke up the next morning and Fives arms were wrapped tight around me.

I managed to get out of his grip and sit up. I woke Five up and Luther started asking questions, which Five answered. But I was staring off into space thinking.

"Wheres Die-" I started.

But Diego bursted in with an angry face. Five stood up and stood in front of me. I always loved how protective he is sometimes.

"Pieces of shit!" He yells at us.

"Hey! We were just good yesterday, why are you yelling at us now?" I yelled at him.

"Do you have any idea what you just did?" He yells at us.

He walks towards me and and Five and I stand up. I try to walk in front of Five but he holds me behind him.

Luther stops Diego from coming any closer.

"Nope. Let me- Get your ape hands off me." He says.

Diego kept trying to get out of Luther's grip but failed.

"I can do this as long as it takes for you to calm down." Luther said.

After a few minutes Diego calmed down and backed up.

"Wanna tell us why you came in pissed off now?" I ask him.

"Our brother and sister have been pretty busy since they got back. They were in the middle of the shootout at Gimbel Brothers after the guys in the masks attacked the academy, looking for them." He says.

"None of which is any of your concern." Five says.

"It is now. They just killed my friend."

I focus on him as if I'm going to read his mind but something else happened. I saw memories. Or pictures and moments. I saw Diego with a girl. And I heard his thoughts saying "Patch."

I looked back down and blinked a few times to unblur my vision.

"Patch?" I ask.

He looks at me confused.

"How- how do you know her?" He asked.

"I don't know. I tried to read your mind but I saw memories." I say.

"I also heard a name. Patch." I continued.

"Who are they, Five?" Luther asks.

Five doesn't reply and Luther turns his attention to me.

"Y/n, who are they?" He asks.

I sigh and look at the ground.

"They work for our former employer. A woman called The Handler. She sent them to stop us." I say.

"Then as soon as Diego's friend got in their way, well, fair game." Five says.

"And now they're my fair game. And I'm gonna see to it that they pay." He says walking towards the door.

"Diego." I say.

He turns around and looks at me. I can see the pain and anger in his eyes.

"That would be a stupid decision. They've killed people far more dangerous than you."

"Yeah, we'll see about that." He says before walking away.

"Diego." I say walking out the door after him.

Fives pov

I watch as Y/n leaves the room. I sigh and sit down on the bed.

"Former employer? What's this all really about? And don't give me any of that 'Its none of your business' crap, all right?" Luther says.