necklace

Again, I ended up in a dead end

Again, I ended up in a dead end. For 6 fucking years, she has been kidnapped, and we still haven't found any clues. For 6 years, I've been asking the same questions over and over again.

Why her? Who? Where is she?

I exhaled a frustrated breath, leaned back in my chair, and once again let the memories swirl around in my head.

-Flashback-
"You are such an asshole" "Your asshole" I answered her with a grin, and directly her cheeks turned pink. I loved to see her flustered.

Her cheeks always turn pink, even though I don't like pink, I just love it on her.

She looked at me with her honey-brown eyes that resembled my favorite season of the year. Autumn.

The beautiful brown resembles the leaves falling from the trees and landing on the earth like a work of art, and the honey color in her eyes resembles the sunset that dominates the whole world, and you can only love it.

Our faces inch closer, and I took a step closer to her cupping her face with my Palms, suddenly I recognized her older brother coming towards us and took a big step back.

"Рай, мама зовет тебя." he called out to her. (Raja, mama is calling you)
She looked up at me one last time before turning around and walking towards her brother who smiled at her and gave me a look whereupon I smiled sweetly back at him.

"Иду."
(coming)

-----

Raja and I practically grew up together. Our families are the most respected families in the mafia world.

Our grandfathers used to be best friends and decided to run the mafia together, since then the Spanish and Russian mafia have been working together and The successors are chosen by the fathers, mostly it is always the firstborn or if the firstborn does not want to take it over then the one the father would want to have as the next possible leader takes it over.

I got my current title as "Leader of the Spanish Mafia" thanks to the first rule.
Because even if I have a twin brother, he is 3 minutes younger than me, so I have the last word.

My office door was abruptly opened, and I immediately opened my eyes.

"Fucking hell" I muttered to myself and closed my eyes again while Eliodoro and Ilias entered my office talking loudly.

As I said, Eliodoro is my twin and Ilias is kind of like my right-hand man, we used to meet under difficult conditions when I started looking for Raja, I thought I found something but the only thing I found or rather who I found was Ilias who was about to complete his mission to kill someone, but mistook me for this one guy.

Ilias comes from the Arab Quasim mafia family, and since then our mafias have been on a good run, which is always good to have friends internationally, and since then we're like "brothers from different mothers" as he would say now, just childish in my opinion.

"Can you guys shut the fuck up?"

"Uhh mister Mafia, is in a bad mood again" escaped Ilias.

"What happened?" Eliodoro asked me while I sat upright to pour myself a glass of scotch.

"Oh, I see what's going on, Reyes listen to me the mourning time will pass quickly I know she means a lot to you, but you mustn't spend your frustration on drinking and-"

"Ouch, what was that for?" I mustered Ilias and Eliodoro, who looked at him with a warning look and shook his head.

"What's He talking about?"

Ilia's immediately looked at me with a sad look while Eli put on one of his Emotional expressions, "Nothing, he's talking shit again today."

My eyes hit those of Ilia's, who was looking straight at the ground as we crossed our eyes.

Eli started talking about the business with the Italians but I got nothing with, the only thing I did was try to get inside Ilias head to find out what he just said.

The only thing whirling around in my head was
"I know she means a lot to you" and
"the mourning time will pass quickly"

Immediately, only one person came to my mind whom I would worry about so much that I would even grieve for, besides my family.
Because she was more than just family to me.

"Stop" I mumbled to myself, in hope Eli would Stop talking.
But he didn't stop talking.

No, that can't be, SHE is not dead, No it can't be.
"I SAID STOP!"
I shouted loudly into the room, standing so quickly that even my chair tilted backwards and Eli and Ilias stood up. "Tell me I'm wrong" but the only thing he did was look at me with a sad look while he took something out of his pocket.

"Eliodoro, please!" immediately Ilias looked at me shocked, because I NEVER asked anyone for anything not even my father did I asked for help when I was about to lose my posten as the Mafia Don.
"Reyes, no puedo. Lo siento." and put the package on my table, while he stepped out of the room and took Ilias with him.
(Reyes, I can't, I'm sorry)

It must have been 10 minutes since they left me here alone with a package on my desk.

Hesitantly, I took it in my trembling hands and opened it. The first thing I saw was something silver and right away I wanted to close it and pretend I didn't see it, but I need to know the truth, maybe it's just a misunderstanding. I turned the package over so that the contents fell into the palm of my hand, the necklace she always wore and would never take off and immediately I was overcome with feelings that I have not felt so strongly in six years.

Sadness, anger, hatred, tears.

"I could not keep my promise to find you, but I promise you that I will always carry this necklace with me until I die and protect it as if it were you ruling by my side"
I spoke my thought aloud while looking at her necklace.
That day 6 years ago was the first time I consciously cried, and it was because of her.

Today is the day I cry for the last time, But Not the last time about her.