inopportune moments

I'm going to be late for the Arvanitis because of the pussy

I hate to be late because it reflects a false image that you are unreliable. But most of all, I hate it when others are late, which is why I always try to be punctual myself.

Except today.

Maybe it's better that I'm a few minutes late today, so our reunion won't take place so soon.

After a few kilometers, the white facade of the Arvanitis Villa becomes visible and my inner self just wants to turn around and drive home again.

I curse all the heads of this mafia who have accepted and enforced this marriage rule.

Shortly before the driveway, my men split up so that one drove in front of me and the other behind me.

Driving up the driveway I also recognized already the complete house.

Nothing special, just another typical house of a mafia family.

Big house. Big driveway. Many cars. And most importantly, security men.

From the crowd of security people, it looks like Costas gathered all his men, which made me smile.

Thanks for the ego boost, future father-in-law.

Getting out of the car I immediately felt the warm air and closed my eyes before I turned to the door of the house and walked towards it.

Before I could say anything to the security guard at the door, he greeted me with my last name and led me inside the house.

Inside I was greeted by a maid who led me to the office of Costa Arvanitis.

In front of the office door she let me stand alone whereupon I knocked directly and an "entry" from inside the room caused me to open the door.

The first thing I saw, or rather who, is Ariadne's brother.

Achilles Arvanitis, 27 years old, heir of the Arvanitis Mafia.

He looked at me with a cold look and as he stepped aside I recognized his father who also recognized me and stood up with an emotionless expression on his face.

But you could see the anger and helplessness in his eyes.

Anger at me standing here in his house.

and

Helplessness about which he has certainly already realized that if he would suggest a rejection of this marriage it will be rejected anyway.

Closing the door behind me, I went to the table, where I first extended my hand to Mr. Arvanitis and introduced myself.

He extended his hand to me after a few seconds and introduced himself as well.

Like we don't already know who we are.