contract

Normally I don't let myself be easily unsettled, but the sudden avoidance of eye contact with my mother made it immediately clear that a topic of conversation is now being addressed that I will by no means like

I watched the two of them argue about who should bring it up and then my mother took up speaking.

Before speaking, she just took a deep breath and said something very quickly and mumbling that you couldn't decipher it.

My father and I both looked at her with a raised eyebrow and she closed her eyes and sat down next to my Padre on the sofa. (Dad)

All this silence was driving me insane.

When I thought that she would say something now, I was wrong because she picked up her wine glass and drank it completely empty.

And this act made me think that something had happened in the family, because if there was a connection to the mafia then my father would have taken over the speaking and not my mother.

"Could you tell me what's going on now?" I asked both of them.

Both looked at each other, turned to me and, if almost not at the same time, brought a word over their lips.

A word I didn't want to hear.

A word I wanted to erase from my life.

A word I tried to avoid.

Marriage.

I used to want, like any other boy, to marry a woman I love and love enough to start a family with.

But that wish is in the past and will never come to reality now.

Generally all these love stories have come to an end.

Love has come to an end in my world after being stolen from me 6 years ago.

I vowed never to feel anything for anyone again unless it was her.

But she is no longer here and that means that my love is no longer here either, but where she is right now. I hope that she is in a place where she is feeling better and where she could finally put an end to all the suffering.

"¿Hijo?" I heard my mother's voice as I continued to stare at the floor. (Son)

"You're making me nervous, please say something." sounded her voice, which carried a piece of care and caution.

Because she knows exactly how I feel about this topic, just like everyone else in this family.

"No." I answered her.

"No what? No as in you don't want to talk or..." she started cautiously and that was the moment I looked into her eyes.

"No, as in No I'm not getting married." I blurted out in a dark voice and continued to stare at both of them.