no one but me

I looked at Filomena looking for help, but she looked at me with an unknowing look and grabbed her phone away

"I think you saw the video?"

I just wanted to answer, but she spoke further.

"Are you satisfied?"

"What?" I asked her confused.

"Are you satisfied, have you achieved what you wanted to achieve?"

What's she talking about?

"Μαμ, I don't know what you want to say"               
(Mom)

She started smiling and brought out laughing "You want to tell me you have no idea what I'm talking about? Honestly now?" Her voice got serious again and louder "I specifically forbade you to communicate with anyone on this ball and you..."

"You told me.." I just wanted to tell her that she just forbade me not to talk to a certain person, but she understood what I wanted to say and interrupted me.

"Stop contradicting me! I have told you to stay away from all and stay with your brothers and what did you do?" She asked me with a look as if I was a piece of dirt.

I didn't have to answer at all because she kept talking.

"What were you thinking about dancing with him mhm?" she asked me with a sensitive look.

"I don't know I..I, it wasn't planned"

"I know it wasn't planned, it's more about me here that you don't listen to what you're told Ariadne, you know what kind of world we live in, every day your life is at stake, you never know what happens, one moment you can read your books in the garden as usual on sunny days and the next day your sunny day becomes a nightmare because you made a mistake that turns your life upside down" she replied and sat down between me and Filomena.

"I know, but Μαμά, that was just a dance, the Ball was the first day of my life where I got to show myself openly without hiding my face from others and..." Again, she didn't let me finish.

"I understand you Ariadne, but..." This time I was the one who interrupted her.

"No, you don't understand, none of you understand, none of you are me, none of you had to live with a thousand different rules, none of you had to hide from the open world" I brought out with a shaky voice.

"None of you!" it escaped me a little louder, so that I disappeared directly into my room without listening to my mother any longer.

Once in my room, I threw myself on the bed and grabbed my diary.

I've often seen my mother angry, but not like today, I don't know, otherwise she also got louder, but today her tone of voice was completely different than when she's complaining to one of our employees who she doesn't know personally at all, to which she has no connection at all. And the looks she gave me as if I were a piece of dirt didn't escape me either, I don't know what was wrong with her today because otherwise she's not like that.

And why she is so upset by this dance, I don't understand either, in general the whole story behind the ban on speaking to the Spanish mafia. I can guess that it's because they are the most powerful family in the whole mafia, but that can't be the only reason, because something must have happened that she gives such a reaction if you only mention their names.

And also point where she said that she would understand me well.

She doesn't, nobody does, nobody understands other people's problems without having experienced them themselves. None of them had amnesia, none of them had to try to remember their own family, none of them had to hide their faces in public, none of them can understand how it is to dream dreams that are in the The moment doesn't feel like a dream, but the same as reality and that so much that you don't understand when I wake up, whether I've really experienced the whole thing, or whether your own head is playing games with you again.

No one but me.

The day with the ball was the first day in my life when I could feel a little free, after several years it did me good to breathe the same air that others have been allowed to breathe all their lives, but you could only breathe the air you were locked in for years.

It was good to talk to other people than always with the same 5 people and employees in the house. The first time there was a bigger reason to dress up, everyone else celebrated the ball and I celebrated my day off.

I'll never get the dance out of my head, I mean how can it be that on the first day you're out in the world and you're directly acquainted with the Don of the Spanish Mafia.

And then what happened last night.

I would be the biggest liar if I said that I didn't feel anything in him, I mean you can only feel his masculine nature and all the women he touched would understand me if I said that you always wanted more of his touches.

On the one hand I want him to stay as far away from me as possible, because doing business with him can only be dangerous.

But on the other hand, I'm interested in being involved with him, what it would be like to have conversations with him or what his view of the world as a mafia boss is.

A knock on the door made me jump, so I shoved my book under my pillow and picked up my phone as quickly as I could.

"Ναι" I brought out whereupon my door opened.   (Yes?)

"Γεια σου, ήθελα απλώς να δω πώς τα πας" came Filomena's voice.                                                    (hey, just wanted to see how you are)

"I'm fine," I answered without taking my eyes off the phone.

"Would you like to talk about it?"

"No I don't want to, thanks" I'm sorry to her for answering her with a cold back, but right now I just want to be alone.

"Okay, if something should happen, I'll be in my room eating Tiganites," she replied and closed the door.

She knew exactly what she was doing when Tiganites was mentioned. There's nothing tastier than Tiganites with fresh raspberries or blueberries.

After half an hour I couldn't get the Tiganites out of my head and went to Filomena's room to apologize about earlier and to eat Tiganites.

After her voice came from behind the door, I opened it slightly and found her on her bed with a plate full of assorted goodies, but the only thing that spoke to me were the Tiganites.