Chapter 4 - Smile

Huge jet-black clouds hovered in the sky, and the roar of thunder shook people's hearts. Thunder after thunder kept falling, one after another, as if it would never stop.

The person below didn't dodge either, he endured the thunderous attack motionlessly, drops of blood slid off his sturdy body, and the ground under his feet was gradually stained scarlet.

Cen JingYan woke up from the dream, he didn't understand why he had such a dream. Cen JingYan shook his head to wake himself up from the bloody picture.

Although he couldn't see that person's face clearly in the dream, it must be very painful to think about the person who suffered the lightning strike. For some reason, Cen JingYan inexplicably felt a throbbing pain in his heart.

Looking at the sky outside the window, Cen JingYan immediately put the weird dream behind him. Cen JingYan hurriedly got up to wash up, then went to the kitchen to make breakfast, and then called his younger sister, Cen Xiaoman.

Cen Xiaoman is Cen JingYan's biological younger sister. She is 9 years old and just entered the second grade of elementary school. Now there are only two brothers and sisters left in the Cen family, Cen JingYan and Cen Xiaoman.

It is also a sad story for the Cen family to talk about.

Cen JingYan's father, Cen Jianguo, and his grandmother lived alone, because they lived next door to Cen JingYan's mother, Han Yan's family, and the Han family would always help Cen's family with orphans and widows.

The relationship between the Cen and Han families has always been very good. After Cen JingYan's grandmother passed away, the Han family took good care of Cen Jianguo. Later, Cen Jianguo married the eldest daughter of the Han family, Han Yan.

Cen JingYan vaguely remembers that his childhood was still very happy, with a father who liked to tease him and a mother who loved to laugh. Not long after Cen Xiaoman was born, Cen Jianguo went out to work like most young people in the county.

At the beginning, Cen Jianguo often called back, saying that he had found a job in K City, and would send money back every month. But then Cen Jianguo suddenly lost contact with his family. Han Yan went to K City many times to look for Cen Jianguo, but he couldn't find anyone. Han Yan also went to the place where Cen Jianguo used to work, and only knew that Cen Jianguo had left, not where he went.

Han Yan didn't know what happened to Cen Jianguo, she was very worried about her husband's safety. Han Yan also went to the police station to report her missing, but there has been no news.

Han Yan has been looking for it for many years, and later heard that she seemed to have seen Cen Jianguo in L City. Han Yan's younger brother, Han Peng, rushed to L City. He didn't want Han Peng to die in a car accident on the way to L City.

This sudden bad news made the two elders of the Han family devastated, and the loss of their only son was a great blow. Soon afterwards, Cen JingYan's grandparents fell ill and died one after another.

Later, Cen JingYan's mother never mentioned looking for Cen Jianguo again, but she was depressed every day and passed away two years ago. Now only Cen JingYan and his younger sister Cen Xiaoman are left in the family, because their relatives are getting sick one after another, and the family's savings are basically spent. Thanks to Fan's student aid plan, Cen JingYan was able to continue his studies in high school.

Cen JingYan is serious and hardworking in his studies, and his grades have always been among the best. Because of Cen JingYan's excellent grades, he was awarded Fan's quota for outstanding poor students, and he received a monthly living allowance. The price of goods in the small county is not high, plus the money Cen JingYan usually earns from working part-time, it is enough for him and his sister's daily life, for which Cen JingYan is very grateful to the Fan Group.