Ch 8 Arguments

Kid Pov
I glance away from book. The time was 10: 30. Which means in exactly one minute, Jasper will tell me to go to bed with it being his turn. Jasper who was on his computer, looked at me, then back his computer. He said something under his breath. Probably about how I not going to be making this easy for him. I looked back at the time; 10:31. He got up and seat next to me on the bed. " I see your reading about arguments and debate." What was he up to? " Well you were the one to fetch me all my books this morning." " Speaking of morning, I think it time for you get some sleep. You have busy morning tomorrow, and you need all the sleep you can get."

" Can't I stay up, I need to study more." " I pretty sure, you got enough studying done today." " I don't know Jasper." " How about this, send your reading about arguments and debates. Why don't we have a civil argument. If you win, I let you stay up for an extra 30 minutes. Do we have a deal?" Clever move Jasper, very clever move. " Ok deal. You go first. Speak a part of your argument."

" Well Adam, studies have shown that people who get a good night sleep. Are more likely to do well on a test. As there brain is more rested and able to process information better." " But don't forget, I used to stay up it till midnight during the time loop. And I was still able to function." "Do that might of been true. You forgot about one key word. Used. You used, to sleep like that. But not anymore, your sleeping patterns have changed sent then. So you staying up and trying to go back your old sleep patterns. Isn't work well for you." He makes a go point. Come on think of something.

" Well what about night owls? Some people are night owls and can function better at night then others. Also some people have a hard time sleeping at night, and can only sleep late at night. And let be honest, we all know I not a morning person. Unless I have strong reason. I not waking up." " You keep meaning function. Well according to a few studies and some background knowledge I have. Kids around your age in order to have there body be able to function. Need at least 9 - 11 hours." " But if you do the math. I will still, be getting enough if I go to bed at 11:00. Even at midnight, I will stay get enough sleep."

" True, however you also need to consider how long it takes you fell asleep. In order to get a good nights sleep, your body needs to good thought all stages of sleep a couple of times. Especially if add your anxiety in to the mix." I sighed and started to put my books away.

Jasper Pov
Walking into James hotel room. Kate looked to me in deep asleep. Earlier ago, Jame asked us to look after Kate. While they are having dinner, with a few friends. My sisters however was seat with her nose in her computer. Trying to prepare herself for the interview at best. I suppose you can say that the apple doesn't fall that far from the tree. " Hey." " Oh Jasper, I don't know you were here. Is Adam asleep?" I nodded. " Good, I check on him in a minute." " I don't think you need to check on him. It too soon to check on him. I literally just put him to bed." " Well it never hurts to check, to make sure he sleeping for real." "Speaking of sleep, maybe you should get some yourself." " I would but I have to much to do for the interview. You and I both know how important this is to Adam and Carla. I can't fail this."

" Actually, sis maybe don't actually need to worry about failing this. Adam and Carla never did said that you failing the interview. Would hurt there plans." Speaking of plans, what is there plan? I have to ask tomorrow. " Then why did Carla tell me about the tutoring job then?" " She only told you about it, so that way you would let Adam join remember. So please don't stress about it, your already dealing with enough stress as it is." " What do you mean by already dealing with enough stress?"

" Well ever sent the news got a hold of the kindergarten incident. You haven't been the same. You been more anxiety and depressed, especially if it about Adam. You also have been checking on him a lot lately. When he's in bed, or when you leave him alone to play or something. Heck, even the types of books you been reading are different. All you been reading is parenting books. You also have been telling me about how finding a connection between other moms and Sarah. Has suddenly became more difficult." " Your point."

" My point is that as someone who has to deal with patients with addiction problems. I know that sometimes the reason why they started the addiction. Like smoking or drinking is so that way they can deal with there anxiety, depression, PTSD, est. I seen this all the time with teens, adults with children or with out, young adults. Even Adam himself said that was the reason why he started to smoke."

" And?" "And I worried that you might end up like that. You been showing signs of post adoption depression or anxiety." " Post adoption depression?" " It like post term depression but for people who adopt." She closed her computer and gather her things. " Where are going?" " Bed." " But it only 10:35." " Well I been extremely tried lately Jasper. So good night." " night." And just like that, she left.

A/N: I know this chapter is shorter then my others. But I couldn't think of anything else to add. Must like this author note. See you next Thursday.