Ch 15 Obedience

Kid Pov
I couldn't sleep late night with all nightmares I during. And just as I was starting to enjoying dreaming again. My nightmare started out with me in a room. Eyes were watching me as if waiting for something. That went I heard the sound of hight heels. Ms Vaellope come in. Carrying a bucketful of supplies. Follow by Ms. Emily. She tried my feet and hands with those heavy chains. That were tie to the floor. Ms Vaellope grab a supply from the bucket, and was preparing for something. All the eyes seem to know what next. And just like in the punishment room. I got hit, slap, spank, knock, roundhouse, you name it. But seen is was a dream. I unfortunately don't feel pain - of the physical kind. Mental however, with all the eyes staring at me. The way Ms. Emily was mocking me, and the hash words of whispers I hear. Yep, definitely pain.

I just glad my dream was just a dream.
Y/N Pov
I enter in to my new temporary class room. There were 6 tables that could hold about 2 kids. Making a class of about 12. However the attendance sheet only had 3 kids. The classroom itself wasn't much. White walls with only a multiplication table on it. Big window on the back, and left wall. Small teacher desk. A whiteboard. Copy machine that had some blank paper on it. And a closet with supplies.

Now all of stuff was in really bad condition. The table had dense in them. One of chairs had lose a leg. My chair which was a office chair. Had parts where the chair was rip. The windows had cracks in them. The trash can that was near my desk was burn, and in some weird shape. The hard wood flooring had scraps. The copy machine was broken. And the multiplication table was rip in half. This place looked like there was a war in here.

Two kids came in, both around seven. Boy and girl. The boy had platinum blonde hair. The girl had red. He was wearing a black shirt with a dark green jacket. She had a purple flower top with white skirt. And a purple headband to match. Both had jeans with black shoe. Do she had feckless. He had a watch.

The two seat as far as they can. Not willing to look each other in the eye. Before I could even introduce myself. The two of them process to toss paper balls at each other. I try to stop, but then try to toss scissors at me. I run behind my desk. Hiding myself from them. I try to step out. But nearly got hit in the eye with a rock. Every time I tried to get out. I would almost get hit. And went I wasn't hiding. The two of them seemed to be fighting each other. Sounds of the tables being flipped.

The hard hit of things falling on to the ground. " Get back here" said the boy. The footsteps sound like they chasing each other. And probably were. Sometimes hit the wall again. I hear the two wresting. The squeak of the chairs, and tables being moved around. " Ahhhhh" seems to be from the girl. Tromp. I honestly don't know where that sound from. Nether, what to do?

Kid Pov
For today task, I got cooking. In the cooking job, you are in charge of cooking for all the caregivers and kids here. That includes lunch, and whatever the caregivers ask for. Ms Emily was in charge of this. But all she does is seat down. By the table in the kitchen. And uses her phone. Which she make the rest of cook.

Some things are know about her. Like how she used to a fancy cook. Unfortunately, a horrible cooking mistake was made. That ended her hold cooking career. While is why. She HAS to first taste test it. If it not good, we have to start all over. Carla said it quiet rare do. As many of kids here don't know how to cook. And is also the reason why everyone brings home lunch. Cooking was also the job to most likely give out the most punishment. At least four out of the six got punished. One girl accidentally hurt herself, and another accidentally spilled some water.

Fortunately I had cooking experience, and was able to get most of the cooking. Today we're making pasta. I was cutting the veggies for the pasta sauce. Went Carla enter in to the kitchen ( she had cleaning). " Hey Carla what up" I whisper. Carla pretend to mop. " Not much, do I was able to get some things. Also I saw your post last night. Good work" she whispered back. " Thanks, how Gabe?" Gabe had the makeup job. " He fine, wasn't able to get much do." Carla left, and continued I on my work.

As I working, I noticed that one of the kids wasn't working. She had her brown hair in a ponytail, and brown eyes. A yellow headband with a matching jacket. Some feckless and jeans. She was working on some stuff in a little brown notebook. I stop cutting and went over. " Aren't you going to start cooking, ummm." " Aviva." " Adam." " Well Adam, normally yes. But send you did a lot of cooking. I might as well finish my work." " What you working on?" " Not much, just some invention idea I had." " May I see?" She open her notebook to a few pages.

One invention looked to be a cutting machine for food. In similar form to a sewing machine. " What this one for?" " It's to help with the cooking job. A lot of us don't know how to cook. So I thought why not making this. Could help ease the cooking process. By helping by doing the cutting."

An other page, shown to be what looks like a sponge. Glued on to the bottom of a pair of shoes. " What that?" " Well I call it the slip and slide shoe. It a slipper with sponge on it. The person simply slides there feet into the shoe. Dip the sponge part of it in the water. And sides away. Cutting the time it takes to mop in half. Plus, free exercise, and fun." " Oh, I get it. It like ice skating." " Kind of."

" What about this one?" I said pointing to one of the drawings. " Well this on-." " WHY AREN'T YOU TWO WORK." It was Ms Emily who say that. She put her phone away and grabbed Aviva notebook. All the other kids, stop and watched. " Let see, what could this be." As Ms Emily was looking through the pages. I could see the wheels of thought going through Aviva brain. Thinking about all the possibilities.

" Looks like a invention notebook. Do I say, there are pretty weird but functional. Having these, would surely help easy the work load here. Maybe I go easy on you. Surely, no kid your age could make things lik-. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!"

She shown us the picture of the knife machine. We both goph. "Well, it cuts food for you. So you don't have to." Ms. Emily's hand on the notebook, tightened. Almost crushing it. She grab the collar of Aviva shirt. Staring down at her. " Listen Aviva, I don't go to college to study cooking for 8 years. And because a successful chef. Just so you can take it away from me. You hear me." The hole room couldn't say a word. I don't know  what more shocking. The fact that Aviva could of gotten away with it. Or that she was called by her first name. Ms. Emily smiled but not a nice one. " Now normally, I would have the punishment wheel chose your punishment. But I have a better idea. Why not destroy your precious little notebook instead?" " What!" We both said.

Ms Emily let go, and heading to the door. Aviva got her knee in a begging pose." You can't destroy my notebook. Please I begging you. Please just me have the punishment wheel. I do what even you want." Ms Emily stopped and turned around. " ummm, everything we want hey. In that case, I won't destroy it." "You won't?" " Of course not, by doing so. Would of destroyed a opportunity to used this as a tools." " A tool for what?" I said. " A tool for obedience of course."

Sorry it's late.