Ch 13 The start of progress

Kid Pov
After what felt like ages. We felt body's not in pain. " So, how everyone back there Kid?" " Well everybody doing fine. All the kids from the lab are being homeschooled. Lily and Billy mom is about to find out about the baby gender soon. They think it a boy. I team girl. Nugget brother got a promotion from work. And is able to quit of his other jobs and be with Nugget.  The cop twins and I have been slowly been working on are relationships. Cindy been driving me nuts. Monty business has been slow lately. So he been trying to work on that. Ozzy surprise doesn't hate us as much. And Felix has been treating Ted better." " Wow."

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. " Carla, I thought you said this place was sound prove." " It is. I guess you could still hear noise from the outside." " Must Gabe then." Under the door, was a piece of paper with some writing on it. I grab the paper and read it out loud.

Hey guys it me Gabe. I got the things you ask me to get. It not much but I hope it will do. I had the acting job. So I able to get some stuff from Ms Isabella bag when she wasn't looking. And some other stuff. Once you guys get out. I show you.

Me and Carla high five each other. This is going to be great.

It was drop off time. Most of kids were playing. Others were chatting. As for us. All three of us were sitting by one of table. " So what you got for us Gabe" said Carla. He shown us paper with some writing, and a contract number. All in bags. " This paper is a list of records; of the kids who have been punished by Ms. Isabella today." I pick up the bag with the contact information. On it was only a number. " Why did you put it all in bags?" "Because that what real police do with evidence. I think."

" They do, my mom a cop. So I know why they do it. They do it to make the evidence doesn't get contained. Because, once it get contained. It can't be used in the case or court anymore. So good thinking." " But why the number? I understand the paper, but why this." " Well, as I was looking for evidences. I over heard Ms Vaellope and Ms Emily talking about hiring a new care worker. That why I think the number is important. It could be the new worker number." 773-894-4568 was the number.

" Well, what you think? Did I do a good job?" I place the bag down. " You did better then I thought you did." " Does this mean I get to join the team?" " Sure, I don't see why not." " Yay! In that case, what are names?" " Names?" " Well every superhero team has a name. And every superhero, has a superhero name." Carla and I looked at each other. How could we forget? Carla spoke first " Well my hero name is The explosion. Sent I can make a bomb out of anything." " Really"said me and Gabe. " Yep, and Kid here is The Master. Because he very skillful in a lot of things." " Oh come on Carla, I not that skillful." " Dude, I literally seen and heard of you doing all sorts of crazy things. Things that take skill at. And are team name, is the Super secret squad, or the S.S.S." I guess, Carla in to hero's. Before I could ever get a word. I got interrupted by Ms Vaellope.
" Gabe, Adam, Carla. Your parents are here." With that we left.

Y/N Pov
Normally, went the three of us are out for a drive. We would have a conversation about something. Me or Jasper in the back, with Adam. The other driving ( most Jasper). Now it the opposite, with both in the front. And not a single noise being made. Not to mention, Adam was acting suspiciously quiet. Which isn't normally odd, he can be a pretty quiet kid sometimes. But not on a day like today. He keep glancing at us from the window. While fiddling his hands. Seeing this, I broken the silence.

" Is something wrong Adam?" " Nope." He bit his lip. Jasper glance at me in the eye. "Really, because you sure are quite today" Adam still kept looking out the window. " Just thinking that all. We were able to make some progress today. We were also have a new kid joining the team. Gabe."  " That good" I said. " Yep" he said putting out a smile. But I could it was fake. " Adam, are you sure your ok?" He sighed: looking away from the window. " I heard your guys argument last night. And I know it my fault. I sorry." Hearing that I immediately turn my body to face Adam.

" How did-." " The door was open. And I hadn't reached deep sleep yet. I know I shouldn't have, but I did. I sorry. Please don't hate each other" he said in a child tone. " Jasper, park the car will you." He park the car by a local Starbucks. I unbuckled my seat, and seat next to Adam. He unbuckled his. Seating on my lap. Grabbing close to my body." Jasper maybe you should-." " I staying, this involves me too." Jasper unbuckled himself, seating on his knees facing us.

" Am I in trouble?" He said keeping the same tone. " Of course not" I said giving him a kiss on the forehead. " We were just wondering why you blame yourself for are arguments last night." " The only reason why you two had that argument, was because you weren't acting like yourself. And the only reason you haven't been that. Is because you been feeling insecure about how you parent." " How did you-." " I over heard your conversation with Louis. The night before are fight."

Note to self, Adam is very good at ease dropping. "And the only way you could possibly be feeling that. Is because of me. For not being a good amount son. I hate to admit this, out loud. But part of the reason why I wanted to help Carla. Is so I could make you proud of me. To have you see me as a good son again. And to help repay you guys after everything you guys did for me."

He started to cry, hugging on to me. Adam doesn't often show his 6 years old side. But went he does, you better get yourself ready. After we calm him down. Jasper spoke " Look, you don't own me or your mother anything. We just love you, and just want you to be happy. That all." " You sure?" We both nodded.

I rub away the tear with my hand. " Look Adam, your just a child. A very mature child. But still a child. And because of that, your view of the world is child like" " So?" " Well children can sometimes often blame themselves, or think there the reason for the parents unhappy. And that only they can fix it. If a child parents get in fight. They think it because of them. Or if they get hit. They think it because there were a bad child in there parents eyes. It only it still you get older do you realize how wrong your view really was." " Your point mom?"

" My point is, you are not responsible for people emotional or happiness. Own your owns." " So your saying I not the reason why you been acting so sad." I nodded. But he stilled don't seen 100% satisfy. Then again, knowing him. One talk isn't going to be enough. At for now. Jasper jump in, " Hey, I got a idea. Why don't we get some hot chocolate?" " Sure" Adam said smiling like his old self. But for how long?