Ch 35 Will they accept?

Carla Pov
My turn to take the stand. " Carla in your statement to the police. You told the police about some kind of punishment wheel" said the prosecutor. " Yes." " Can you describe what the punishment wheel?" " The punishment wheel, is a wheel. Which the caretaker spin, so they can decide on are punishment." " Can you please explain what some of those punishment were?"

" There one where they pour ice water on you. With your clothes off in the bathroom. They have this soundproof room. Where they like to hit us like circus animals. Leaving us in that room of whatever time they want. There one, where they make up sit in a toy car. Spinning us around in it till we throw up. There must mores, but those are the ones to come to mind." " Objection. Sure those punishments might seen like they violated there 8th amendment rights. But the children must of done something to justify there punishment" said the defendant. " What type of reason? Could let the caretaker physically abusing these children be justified. I have documented reports about the hospitalizations of these children. 50 of them had be hospitalized" said the prosecutor.

Jasper Pov
Carla went away. I looked over at the attorney. It was now the defendant turn. Normally the second half would be longer, but from the looks of it. The defense had little for them. The argument they did had got crushed by the prosecutor. " Does the defendant have any evidence left?" Said the judge. All eyes laid upon the defendant. With a heavy sigh, the defendant spoke, " No your honor, the defendant has no more evidence." " In that case. I have made my decision. I have decided to rule the defendant as guilty."

Everyone cheer. Even some from the defense. We did. We won the case.

Kid Pov
A two days after the daycare staff got labeled as guilty. There was them a second case two days later to decide the punishment. All of them would be sentenced to life imprisonment. Celebrating at Carla house with food. " Kids the food here" call Ruby. We all went downstairs to get a piece.

" I have to give it to you Kid" said Carla. " For what." " I don't think your plan would work. Especially went you had us act all obedient back there. You could of at least told us why." " I wasn't 100 percent positive the obedient plan would work. Plus it wasn't just my plan. You helped me out " I said taking a bite out of my pizza.

" I wish I could of joined you sis. Hopefully it wasn't too bad" said Billy. Speaking of him, we're now dating. We're still taking it slow, and private. The only people who know so far. Is his family. My family. Along with Carla, and Nugget. Same thing for Nugget with Lily.

" It was pretty scary. But I fine Billy. No need to protect me. I am older then you." " Only by a few minutes." " Nugget won't be surprised if they are all made of 100 percent pure bad guy." " True" said all my friends. Personally I think it only 90 percent pure bad guy. " Why don't you say true Kid" said Gabe.

" I mean don't get me wrong. What they did to us was still wrong, and there still bad people. But part of me just can't see them as that. If it hadn't been for what Applegate said on her third day working there. After she gave Carla her punishment with the car." Even some of the adults got curious. " And what that Kid" ask mom. " I don't remember her saying anything that could of changed my mind" said Carla.

" I don't remember the word's exact. But I do remember what I felt. Which was relatable." Everyone was confused, and I don't blame them. "One of the things that I got from Dianna, was when failing to meet expectations for one self. Will only led to unhappiness. Which makes sense, as that what happened to all of them. And do I might agree with them in some angles, and disagree with other angles. The being said, the opposite is also true. We stay too focus on trying to make it. We could be losing a lot of opportunities. Maybe making things worse for us." Like how my fixion on the daycare. Could of lose my opportunity to be with Billy. Along with ruining my mental health.

Y/N Pov
" Are you sure your son is six? What he said back there wasn't normal for a six year old" whisper Ruby to me. The kids had finished, and were now playing outside. Adam, Billy, Gabe, and Nugget were fighting off the girls in a snowball fight. In that moment, I couldn't feel more proud of my answer.

" Yep. And don't worry, what he said back there, was perfectly normal for US." To some, relationships might be a bit odd, but I learning to love that. My parenting isn't perfect compared to others, and that ok. And I getting better at aspecting that. Sure there might be times, where I find like a disappointment compared to others. Or times where my instincts come back. But just like how I inspired those teachers in that article, to keep pushing forward. Even in hard times. So can I. That what most important.

One more chapter left.