Ch 21 The teach off

Y/N Pov
Leaving the classroom in a heavy sigh of defeat. I almost got serious hurt. I staring to wonder if there anything I could do. I already tried to talked with Ms. Long. But that fail. I could call there families, but what could I say that the others don't. I was wait in the reception area for Kid. Both Leo and Lia were out. So it was just me. Carla immediately run out. Odd, she mom isn't here. Turns out she running to me?!

" Hey Carla. What up?" " It about Kid." " What about Kid?" I said, with my mind immediately going worse case scenarios. " Kid got a spin on the punishment wheel, and he landed ice bucket punishment. Basically, they make him take off his clothes in the bathroom. So they can dump a bucket of ice water on him. After he puts his clothes back on. They make him sit in the storage room. Turn off the heat in there. And let in the cold air from outsides." I was at a loss of words. " How long was he in there?" " 3 hours I think." " 3 HOURS! It like below 0. And your telling me, he had to deal with that. For 3 hours." Kid step out, and to my horror. Carla was right.

His lips had turn slightly blue. Skin on his ears, and fingers had turn to a red color. Cracked lips. Like he had just came from outside. He walked over to me, like nothing happened to him.

" Hey mom." " We need to get you home immediately" I said, as I was calling a Uber. Jasper was busy with the car. One of the daycare workers enter. She seem new. Kid did mention they were getting a new member. Both Kid went to hug my legs. Carla stayed near me. Like there was something they were scared of something.

The lady looked at me with a strong sense of hate. I had finished my call went she walked over. Kid grip my legs tighter. My heart rate increases at a slow pace. Both for the kids, and her. " Are you Ms. L/N?" " Yes, why?" " Dina, but you might know me as Ms Applegate from your students. You must of been my replace they hired." I was shocked.

Never would I have thought that I would be meeting Ms Applegate in person. Now it made sense, why Kid and Carla are staying near me. Picking up Kid, with my body heat warming him up. His body was ice cold again my. I had to get out of here, but with Applegate being her. There got to be a reason why. I warp my arm around Carla.

" Well Dina, it been nice meeting you. But I must get going." " Before you do, can I ask you something?" I glance over at the doors. In hopes that someone with come in. Interrupt us. Nothing. " Umm sure?" " How the heck, did you get these kids in control? Let alone, get them to like you. These kids are nothing but, brats."

I wanted to call her out. To let my anger out on her. For what she did to these kids. Things, she wouldn't even remember. Nether care. How cruel and abuse she was to them? How she murder Jerome for tossing a ball at her. How she made Kid kill her own student. How she broken the number one rule, to NEVER put your hands on a child. I want to yell. To shoot, and argue with her. But I know I couldn't. Not with the kids around. Making me anger, is exactly what she wants. I about to leave. Went I felt Kid.

He grab my collar with one hand. The other on my chest. He looked at her, then at me. As if waiting for me to do something. Seeing that, I couldn't just leave. I sigh, and try to calm myself down. I look at Dina. She stare at me, waiting for me to react.

" Well I try to think about, what their mindset is. I find trying to think like them. Can help me understand and empathize there action. If a kid did something wrong, or is being violated. I try to understand the root of the problem. If we try to understand children more. Then will have a more understanding, and trust worthy relationship with them. Take Adam here. I was only able to get him to trust me. Went I started to understand his mindset, and root of his problems. After all, just because there children. Doesn't mean there not dealing with stuff either. Surely you, and I know what that must feel. Whatever that be tiny or huge.

Dina seen surprise at my words for a second. I couldn't tell if it was because, she wasn't expecting that, or if something clicked in her. Whatever it was, she snap out of it. Stoping back over to the daycare. Once she, and Carla had gone inside. I headed straight through are Uber. Fortunately, the drive had blankets. I wrap Adam up in all the blankets. Telling the drive to turn up the heat. Giving Kid my jacket, as we drove. Fortunately, it wasn't hospitable level bad, but my maternal instincts don't believe it. I had frostbite in the past. So I knew how bad it could get.

I was so busy worrying about Adam. That I almost missed what he said, " You did great mom." I was trying to update Jasper. " Did what Adam?" " What you said to Applegate was incredible. But most of all. You finally got us some evidence."