°Chapter 14°

I got home, happy to find mum and Ai there."Y/n!" Ai ran up to me with a big smile. I looked up to find mum smiling at me too, she walked up to me and hugged me, she explained how hard work has been which was why she wasn't taking my calls before.

"It's okay, at least you're here now", "I promise I don't have a lot of work during summer, so I can spend lots of time with you and Ai" I turned around to the sound of someone clearing their throat.

"It's someone's birthday tomorrow, someone is going to be 4 tomorrow-"
"5"
"5 tomorrow and 5 is a big number, so Ai get 5 gift" I let out a sigh at her logic

"No Ai is getting 1 gift from Y/n-" I was cut off by the ringing of mum's phone. She rushed out of the room to take it.....maybe it's urgent

Ai let out a dramatic gasp, "Then....then.....I will take the ice cream in your room" she said as she ran towards my run as fast as her little legs could take her, occasionally tripping on the way.

She came back with my cone hat octopus, the octopus was obviously too big for her to carry but she tried anyways. Taking one step at a time then looked to the side to see where she was going. "Heeulp me pease" her words were muffled by the octopus.

I snickered, walking up to take it from her. She let out a breath as if she just ran a mile, "Yeah......I'll take...your ice cream" I picked her up and put her on the couch.

"When I come to pick you up tomorrow we can have a small party just for her highness" I poked her nose which make her giggle.

"Girls, I have to go now, I'm sorry I couldn't stay for long", "Will you be able to come tomorrow?" Ai asked giving her puppy eyes, which usually worked on her.

"I'll try" she said placing a kiss on both of our cheeks and walking out.

"She's not gonna come is she?" Ai pouted fiddling with her fingers."She said she'll try okay? And besides, you still have your wonderful sister, and dad always make it for your birthday right?" I said trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah" she suddenly let out a gasp "I'll go sleep now so it will be tomorrow and we can have ice cream and cake and my gift, goodnight y/n" she rushed to her room, I stared at her door and right on cue she poked her head out staring at me.

"Can you come tuck me in?"

I picked up my octopus and went to tuck her. Taking off my uniform and putting my bracelet on my bedstand, I faceplanted into my bed falling asleep almost immediately.

○○○○○○○○○
"Don't look away, predict your target's moves. If you can all do that, you'll block off every last one of his escape routes!" Karasuma-sensei ordered as we practiced our knife work, some tried to attack him but he is our hard target.

I heard a thud, looking away from my opponent....Kimura, and turned to where it was coming from. I saw Nagisa sprawled out on the floor "Ow" he said rubbing the side of his head.

"Nagisa-kun, are you okay?" I called out walking up to him.

"Sorry, I put a little too much force into my block there.", Karasuma-sensei apologized

"Oh, I'm fine" Nagisa said reassuring him.
"You gotta keep your eye on him, idiot" Sugino stated as I helped Nagisa up.

The bell rang, signaling the end of P.E.
"Man, I just can't hit him!",
"Karasuma-sensei has, like, no openings at all"

Kurahashi went up to him and invited him for snacks after class but he declined.

"It seems as if there's a wall between us, like he's keeping his distance" Kataoka concluded further dampening Kurahashi's mood