'Chapter 22'

(Lillianna's POV)

My head pounding and my body was aching, I winced. I heard monitors beeping around me I wasn't sure how I got here, the last thing I remembered was watching as Bucky and Steve came running back towards before I passed out.

I felt someone's hand gripping mine, tightly as if they were scared if they let me go they would lose me.

I groaned as I turned my head on the soft thing I was lying on. My eyes drift open, immediately being blinded by a bright light. I gasped sitting up, pain shooting through my body. I searched around frantically, I was in a hospital room, medical machines were around monitoring me.

There was a glass vase filled with pink lilies and yellow roses.

I felt the hand shift in mine and turned, it was a hand larger than mine, shaking softly. I looked up at the man whose hand was holding mine and saw the man asleep, his face turned away from me so I couldn't see.

I saw an IV next to me and followed the line and saw it in my wrist, pumping clear liquid into my arm. I immediately grabbed it and ripped it out causing a speckle of blood drip out. I froze as the man awoke, turning to me and his blue eyes immediately lit up, those blue eyes I immediately recognized.

"Doll, are you really awake?" He ran his hand through his hair and then looked back up at me.

"Lillianna!" He gasped, he jumped up and embraced me in his arms.
"Oh, doll," he mumbled, his hands tangling in my hair, I could feel his warm tears on my check. I smiled, feeling safe once more in his arms. I knew that it was over now! I had walked through hell and now I am free. He pulled back and wiped his cheek.

"Your safe now, your safe." He gripped my hands. His smile never fading. "How are you feeling."
"My head, hurts a little." I answered, he nodded his head. He looked at my arm and saw I had taken out my IV.
"I'll go and get Tony or Bruce, or Steve they might know what to do." I nodded. He stood and went to leave but then I felt my hand start to shake and my eyes welling up, a wave of uneasiness washing over me. I went to speak but nothing came out, my lip quivering, my body froze staring at the door. Bucky turned back to me and saw me his eyes looking me over.

"Doll, are you okay?" He carefully walked over to me. I felt my breath shallow.

"I-I, can't stop-p it, I'm so-sorry." I mumbled out, my hand started to shake more violently. He walked up to me and quickly wrapped his arms around me tightly, I flinched at first, but his grip remained.

"Hear my heartbeat?" He softly questioned. I nodded my head, hearing the soft beats coming from his chest.
"Focus on that." I shut my eyes softly and focused on the rhythmic beats, duh-dum, duh-dum, duh-dum. I inhaled and exhaled shaky breaths. His arms still tight around me. He started humming a soft melody, the song filling my ears.

We stayed like that until I calmed down, my hand stopped shaking. He gently pulled away and smiled.
"Don't leave me, please." I mumbled
"It's okay doll, I'm not going anywhere." I nodded my head.
"Please get me out of here Bucky, I don't like it in the hospital room." I pleaded, he thought for a moment before standing.
"I'll bring you with me." I nodded. He helped me move in the bed and brought my feet to the edge. I looked down and saw my left leg in a splint looking thing. I heard the door creak open and looked towards the open doorway to see a man with a sunglasses on and a white blouse.

"Uh Manchurian Candidate, and smaller, Manchurian Candidate your up. What are you doing?" He stepped closer towards us and I felt Bucky tense up. 'Who was this?'

"Coming to see you or Bruce, or Steve." Bucky answered looking down at the floor.

"Why?"

"Her head hurts."