'Chapter 44'

"You do understand your grade will be lower because your not presenting it in front of the class?" The teacher flipped through my English assessment with his eyebrows raised.
"Yes I understand clearly thank you." I nodded as he sighed.
"Very well."
"Good day sir." I smiled and turned to walk out of the classroom.
"I'm sorry for your loss," The teacher called out and I nodded, he had already started reading it.

"Thanks." I opened the door and slipped out. It was about ten minutes into lunch time. The hallways were empty as everyone had gone to the cafeteria. I walked down the hallway until I saw someone whip around the corner and smile at me.

"Lily." Peter smiled.
"Hey Parker!" I smiled I walked up to him and together we kept walking to the cafeteria.
"I uh noticed you weren't in the double yesterday afternoon, you all right?" he asked in a quieter tone.

"Yeah yeah, I'm all good don't worry about it." I smiled to him as he nodded.
"People said that you ran out of class." He continued.
"I said don't worry about it Parker," I said, my voice a bit harsh but it was enough to shut him up. We walked into the room and I noticed none of my group were at the usual table.

"On Wednesdays your group goes out to watch the guys play football or something," He answered.
"Thanks, i'll sit with you guys for a little bit, see how MJ and Ned are." I answered.

We walked over to the table and I sat next to Peter facing Ned and MJ who were sitting in the opposing side.

"So miss roof jumper, that was a pretty sick jump you did on Saturday." MJ smiled as I let out a bit of a laugh.

"Thanks MJ, did you know that was the first time Levi had done that, he acted like he had done it before until we got to the edge and he was scared." I told her.

"Weren't you scared?" Ned asked, I shook my head.
"I've had experience jumping, well falling from a lot higher that was nothing." I answered, my mind flashing from falling from the tarmac and from the 40 story building.

"That was what a 2 or 3 story building, and your telling me you've fallen from higher?" Ned gasped.
"Unfortunately," I smiled. Peter shook his head and laughed, as did MJ. Peter had an unreadable expression of his face, as if he knew what I was hinting at. MJ and Ned started talking about something and I leaned over to Peter and whispered.

"Do you know what I'm talking about it?" I asked. He smiled and nodded.
"Tony kept me updated, and Yelena had some pretty great stories about you while you were out."  I laughed.
"Right Parker." 
————————————————————————
I watched, entertained as Levi and some other boys were playing against each other. I watched as they all ran after him when Levi had the ball. One of them was fast enough to grab him and tackle him to the ground. They skidded across the grass for a little bit and then they stood up. That was the fifth strike so now they had to get the ball to the other team.

I looked at Levi and saw that he had cut his knees, blood was dripping down them. I stood up as he walked over to where I was sitting with Liz, Betty and some of the other girls.

"If you ran a bit faster he might not have gotten you," I laughed a little and he shook his head, a small smile on his lips.

"Easier said than done, you ever played before?" He asked, I don't think he noticed the blood on his knees, getting closer to his shoes.
"No but I think I got the basics from watching you fall to the ground, or is that what you call playing?" I laughed as he chuckled a bit. I heard the girls behind me laugh as well. He looked down at his knees and sighed.