'Chapter 23'

"Bucky was with you every day that you were out." Yelena chuckled. I smiled at the thought of him not leaving me.

"We completed the mission if you were wondering. Freeing the widows, taking down the Red Room and uh, killing Dreykov." I crossed my arms.

"Did you catch the boy?" I asked. She shook her head.

"What happened after you fell from the window?" She asked. I thought for a second.

"I uh fell, on the far side tarmac that was falling apart. The boy was there as well. He immediately started fighting me, trying to kill me." I paused. 

"The tarmac we were on the collapsed and we fell to the ground with it. When we the ground we continued, I thought I wasn't going to get through it. It got to a point where he threw me, or, or kicked me I'm not sure but I ended up on the ground. Then something fell on top of me and well, that was all I could remember from the boy." I conclude. She nodded her head. 

"So you fell from the sky without a parachute and survived?" Yelena gasped. I nodded. 

"I guess falling from high places runs in the family."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky darkened outside as I sat silently in bed. I had my notebook in my hand. Yelena had found it after the Red Room takedown. I had flipped through the pages, the edges of the book were a bit scorched but that was the worst of it. 

Bucky sat in the corner of the room reading a slate with a bright screen otherwise known as an iPad or tablet. I looked at the photos that I had in my book. I looked over at Bucky and saw tears in his eyes. 

"Bucky?" I whispered to him softly. "What's wrong?" I sat up straight as he stumbled over to me. I moved over in the bed as he came and laided next to me, his arms wrapping around me as gentle tears rolled down his cheek. 

"As long as I'm here no one can hurt you, don't wanna lie here but you can learn to." He smiled. 

"If I could change the way that you see yourself, I would. You have been through so much and I know you think of yourself as a monster but they don't deserve you." He finished. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3 days later)

I sat in a small conference facing Tony Stark and a person called Fury. Bucky was just outside watching. 

"Lillianna Melora, that is your name correct?" Tony questioned, looking from me to a file sitting on the table. I nodded my head.

"Yeah that's me." I confirmed.

"So you were born in 1989, so that makes you 27 years old?" Fury asked.

"Technically." I nodded my head.

"Technically?" Fury continued.

"I'm 27 years old technically but they froze me or 15 or so years, we don't know exactly. But I only identify as a 15 year old."

"You look like fifteen year old." Fury nodded his head.

"Right well, we can change that if you want?" Tony started until Fury shook his head.

"You were like Natasha Romanoff correct? You were trained in the widow program." He asked.

"I was, correct. I was also like Bucky Barnes, a trained Winter Soldier Assassin." I saw Tony visibly flinch at the words 'Winter Soldier' and 'Assassin'.

"So you were also injected with the Super Soldier Serum?" I thought for a second, I remembered being injected with multiple things so I didn't know which exactly.

"I was injected with a lot of things over my life, what does the serum look like exactly?" I questioned.

"It would look like a blue vial of liquid, it would make your muscles and certain parts of your body feel as if they were on fire." Tony informed. 

I remembered that sensation. My arm started to shake. The feeling of being on fire and my body aching for days on end. I spaced out remembering the creaky metal beds and the blue serum running into my arm. The noises of people all around groaning in pain.

"Lillianna?" My name being said loudly and a tapping on the table brought me back. I looked up and saw them staring at each other in confusion.

"Yes I was injected with the serum." I answered. "Are we nearly done?" I asked. 

"No we still need to ask a few questions." Tony smirked. 

"Lets continue. You were transferred from the Widow program to the Winter Soldier program. You remember that?" I nodded my head once more. 

"I do," I replied softly. 

"You and, Barnes out there, were trialed for the Winter Window program and that was one of their failed operations after 2014. After the SHIELD and HYDRA taken down that was when you ran away and disappeared for 2 years. What did you do for those two years." Fury asked. 

"We stuck together, we traveled around the world hiding from pretty much everybody." 
"Like a happy little family, at least he got one." Tony snapped. 
"Stark if this is going to get personal I am going to have to ask you to leave." Fury said. 

I stood as the conference was finished. Fury interrogated me on about everything so he knew me and what I had done. I stumbled to the door and caught myself on the knob. I pulled the door open and Bucky was there to help me. I exhaled harshly. 

"When will I be able to walk normally?" I sigh.

"Soon enough, we will just have to wait it out." I nodded my head. 
"Well talking about your leg we have a meeting with Bruce about it now."

We walked down the halls towards Bruce's office and then walked inside. Bruce helped me sit on a bed and then examined my leg. 

"The past three days it has improved." He nodded his head looking at Bucky. 
"Have you been in any pain recently with it?" He asked. 

"Only a little but I can deal with it." I answered. I felt Bucky squeeze my hand. 

"Lillianna, tell me if get hurt, even a papercut because here you don't have to just deal with it you can get rid of it." He whispered. I nodded. 

"Right well we are going to get you some pain medication. He pulled a jar of pills out from his desk. 
"I think you take these every 4-6 hours, depending when the pain starts or stops." He smiled as Bucky took the bottle. 

"Thank-you Bruce."