'Chapter 41'

I held the ice pack to my face as we flew back to NYC. I watched as Steve walked over and sat in front of me.

"I don't want your sympathy." I mumbled.
"You put up one hell of a fight, I gotta say. You knew all of his attacks." He stated. I nodded.

"Your probably better than Bucky is you know." He smiled.
"I know, Thanks." I smiled and he nodded. We sat in silence as the plane flew.

"How did you know all of his attacks?" Steve asked in a hushed tone. I sighed, pulling the ice pack down into my lap. The ice pack wasn't quite icing anymore.

"When I was in, being controlled by the Red Room. The one that started my assassin  journey. He was the one that trained me." I said.

"How did they train you?" He asked.

"He broke my leg, smashed my kneecap in, and then made me fight my class. If they hit the floor they were out and I couldn't cry or yell or scream at the fact that my knee was bending the wrong way. I beat them but not without much effort." I sighed, he starred at me, astonished.

"That's horrible, I'm so sorry you had to live through that." I smiled at him softly.

"Don't take it personally, there are some horrible people in the world and they just had managed to get me at my weakest. If it weren't for them then I wouldn't be talking to you, or have met you. And I wouldn't have met Bucky either." I smiled.

"You look at it in a positive way." He smiled.

"I have to, the government and you guys would not appreciate the things I would do if I looked at it any other way. I would track every person who had wronged me down and make them suffer just as I did." I said with a blank stare.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up, from starring at black for the past three hours to the plane going down and landing. I grabbed my stuff and stood up, looking at myself in a mirror seeing my face had one or two bruises from the fights, better than what I imagined. Yelena and Steve walked over just as we landed and the doors opened. It was late Friday night, well  technically Saturday morning as it was 1am. I walked out into the crisp morning air and walked to the elevator, I wasn't very tired.

We stood in silence as the elevator went down to our floor. The doors opened and I saw the light was still on in the kitchen and living room. I smiled as I saw Natasha, Bucky and Sam still up. I shoved my stuff in the small space outside the elevator and walked towards the group who only just noticed we walked in. Bucky came running up to me, wrapping his hands around me and spinning me around.

"Hi Doll," He smiled putting me down. His eyes inspected my face, most likely seeing the bruise and cuts from the mission.
"Are you okay?" His eyes glinted with worry. I nodded and smiled.
"Of course I am, a few bruises but I'll be fine." I answered. He nodded and smiled. He pulled away but still stood next to me. Steve walked over and he pulled him into a hug.

"You okay punk?" He mumbled.
"Yeah, jerk." I heard Steve mumbled back. I smiled at their interaction. He pulled away and nodded to Yelena who was being interview by Natasha. I smiled to her as Bucky grabbed my hand.

"Let's get you to bed, you look exhausted." I smiled as he gently tugged and walked to my room.

He opened the door for me and I walked inside, shoving my stuff into my wardrobe to unpack when I woke up the next day. I grabbed my stuff and walked into the bathroom, dressing into PJ's and brushing my teeth. I washed my face and heard Bucky open the door behind me. I turned around and smiled. He walked closer and looked at my face.