'Chapter 25'

I lay in bed sleeplessly. Bucky had helped me walk to bed and climbed in beside to help me go to sleep but he crashed before I did. He told me that there were legal people as he called it coming to take me away and they were going to put me into a foster system, whatever that means.

I know that it would break Bucky into two if they did that, and I would never want to be away from him. I have spent too much of my life with him to just walk away. We both have problems but then again we need each other to fix them. I knew I had to talk my way out of them taking me. I gently shut my eyes and waited to fall asleep. 

My eyes awake and the sun outside was shining. I turned to my left and saw that Bucky wasn't there. I checked the time and it was 8:02am. I climbed out of bet and got changed, brushing my teeth and doing my hair before walking out into the compound. No one was there, nothing was out of place and there were no voices echoing around the place. 

I continued walking to the meeting room seeing the back of Bucky's head and two others I couldn't make out, and walked inside. I froze when I saw Bucky's face, half of it caged with a mask and his eyes back to the emotionless gaze, I turned to the two other peoples and saw them, Brock and Draven, the two men I thought were only were in my nightmares. 

"Lillianna, we have come to take you home." I felt myself stepping back, my might a blur and my left hand shaking. 

"No, no, no." I mumbled. My back hit the glass behind me. I watched in horror as Draven stood up and walked towards me, I couldn't move and I was frozen to the spot. He got close and then grabbed my shoulders firmly. I flinched away at the contact. He shook them roughly and I felt myself scream. 

My eyes flinch open as I looked up and saw Bucky in front of me, eyes full of concern, his hands gently shaking me back and forwards to wake me up. 

"Wake up, wake up. It was just a dream." I felt myself tear up. 

"It was so real," I mumbled. "I swear he was right there." I sat up straight and buried my head into my hands. I felt as he wrapped his arms around me. 

"No, no no don't panic, doll. They aren't here, they are gone. Your safe now, your safe." he comforted. I let out a shaky breath. I felt his hand holding my shaking one. He gently rubbed it and then it stopped. 

"Okay, okay. Lie down okay?" He gently pulled me down and rested my head on his arm. He grabbed the blanket and tucked me in, wrapping his arms around me making me feel more protected. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes awake and the sun outside was shining. I turned to my left and saw that Bucky wasn't there. I checked the time and it was 8:02am. I climbed out of bet and got changed, brushing my teeth and doing my hair before walking out into the compound. I heard soft talking coming from the kitchen and walked towards the sound. I stumbled into the kitchen and saw Steve, Bucky and Tony sitting at the table. Bucky smiled as I walked inside. 

"Morning doll." Bucky smiled. I walked into the kitchen and started making myself a coffee. I moved swiftly around the kitchen, filling up the mug and once I finished I walked over to the table and sat down. 

"Lillianna, we have some people coming to talk to you today at 9. I see you are ready." I turned to Bucky with a wearily look in my eyes. 

"What type of people?" I asked turning to Tony. I took a sip of my coffee

"Law people," he started looking from Bucky to me. I don't think he knew I knew. 

"What do they want?" Tony remained quiet looking at his hands. 

"Look, if they are here to mess anything up that I have here I am not going to the meeting." I finished, putting my cup down harshly on the table. Steve shook his head no. 

"Lillianna this is serious, you have to meet with these people." He strictly said. 

"Why are you pushing this." I questioned. I grabbed my cup and took another sip. I checked my phone and it was 8:55. Bucky stood up next to me as well as Steve and Tony and started walking, I followed them close behind. We walked into a conference room surrounded by glass tables and I took a seat next to Bucky. Steve and Tony sat at the end of the table and we waited for the Law people came. I crossed my legs over each other and crossed my arms. 

I looked up as two older woman walked into the room. Too happier of a faces wiped on both of them. They smiled and nodded at me as they walked in and sat at the table in front of me and Bucky. 

"Hi Lillianna," She smiled and put out her hand.  "I'm Anne Whitlock." I stared at her hand and then back to her face not moving an inch. She awkwardly put her hand back into her lap and looked down at the table. I crossed my arms over and looked at them through a glare that wasn't to sharp. 

"We are just finishing a few short things that we needed you for. This will all be over soon." She smiled and pulled out some files. 

"We just need to discus a few little things and then we will be done." She sat up straighter as  lent back into the chair. 

"So, after 2014 you were on the run from police, that situation has been cleared and I will explain the outcome after I answer these questions, until three weeks ago when you were found. You were accompanied with?" She looked at me with a pen in hand ready to write. I turned to my left and gestured to Bucky next to me. 

"I need you to speak verbally." She smiled. 

"James Buchanan Barnes, or Bucky Barnes, was caring for me during our time escaping from legal forces." I sternly said, pronouncing every word for her to hear. 

"Well, okay." She wrote down something onto the file. 

"Were you taken care for?" She asked. 

"I'm alive aren't I?" I asked rolling my eyes. I felt Bucky gently tap my leg, I turned to him just enough to see him shaking his head. 

"I was taken care of very well. I got food, water a roof over my head and new clothes. I was treated better than some others I saw, especially well for our situation." I answered. She ticked somethings on the file in front of her. 

"Right, I think I have everything and now I am going to tell you what is going to happen in your future." I remained still, fear creeping into my stomach knowing that my future had been decided without my knowledge. 

Country of freedom my ass.