'Chapter 28'

I sat at the head of the table watching a presentation. Fury stood next to it. It was an avengers meeting but he had asked me and Bucky to attend it and stay behind for a little. The video ended and immediately I was blinded by a light. I clenched my eyes together and then opened them, getting used to the brightness slowly.

"HYDRA is up to something I can feel it. We need you to help us."

"That's what we have been doing the last four years," I heard Tony mumble.

"I have missions handed out, you'll get them when you walk out. Dismissed." He said, everyone stood and walked out except for me and Bucky.

"I know your past." He started once Bruce, the last on to leave, shut the door.

"You have been controlled by people, forced to do things unimaginable. That's why I know you'll agree to put a stop to this, to stop what happened to you from happening to other people."

"No," Bucky mumbled. Fury turned to look at him.

"I'm not getting back in I am done fighting. I got what I wanted, I just want peace now." Bucky answered.

"I understand but this is for the greater good, your buddy Steve helps us so much, he contributes and is still upholding what he started in the 40's, to stop HYDRA." Fury continued.

"I'll do it." I answered. Fury nodded his head. Bucky turned to me, shock written all over his face.

"You will not be doing anything around this." He answered.

"Why not, it's for a good reason, it would be my choice not anyone else's." I softened my voice, trying to guilt trip. Something I did out of habit that helped me get what I want.

"No, your too young I won't let you get back in."

"I was doing worse things when I was seven, I can handle this. It's to stop what happened to us happening to anyone else, it's worth my time. I have already stopped one of my demons, I might as well stop them all."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His flesh arm wrapped around my shoulder we walked in silence back to the common room.

"Bucky, I'm doing it. You may be my legal guardian which I beyond grateful for but this is my choice, I want to stop HYDRA so if I can help to do so I am god damn helping." I turned to him and he nodded.

"I don't want you to do this, I understand why you want to but you don't need to. You have been through too much, I'm not letting anything else bad happen to you again." He stopped and pulled me into a hug, he tightly wrapped his hands around me. I slowly pulled away and smiled at him.

"At least think about it, please. I know you don't want to but we can stop them, then we can get our peace. Then and only then, I'm thinking a picket white fence," I started.

"White house, a dog," He continued.

"Banana Pancakes for breakfast every morning," I continued, making him smile.

"Me and you,"

"Together with no worries." I smiled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Velcro was digging into my skin as I trained with Yelena in the gym. I kept my aim on the punching bag ahead of me, hitting it relentlessly. It was almost 7:30am when we sparred. We prepared in the morning treadmill, weights, punching bags, then at 7:30am we sparred, fighting each other until we quit. Then at 8:00am we went into the kitchen and had breakfast with everyone. We had been doing this for the past four days and I don't think we will be stopping anytime soon. I liked routines, the same thing and nothing different. The knowing what's coming next comforts me, no new surprises.