006. so, friends?

CHAPTER SIX
. . . SO, FRIENDS?

        the first few weeks of tiana living in liverpool flew by, after having had her job for a while she finally found an apartment, and with the help of virgil and some of her friends she had made at liverpool she fully moved into it.

        it wasn't a massive place, but it was more than enough for her, it had a nice view of the city and the rooms all had a very pleasant vibe to them.

        tiana and trent still had a strange relationship going on, both not really sure if they were friends or not. what they both did know is that they would like to be friends with the other one again.

        they had texted a bit more over the past few weeks, and tiana had made more friends at the club. she'd been to quite a lot of matches now and was also called to do interviews more often.

        she wrote pieces for the liverpool app and website aswell, which she found to be quite fun, especially when she could interview someone for it, since that was still her specialty.

        and to kind of built up their friendship again, trent and tiana had been driving to training together. he would pick her up and drive them to the now all too familiar building.

ana 🌅, trent 🏟️

ana 🌅, trent 🏟️

tuesday at 19.34

trent 🏟️
you left you jumper in my car
want me to come bring it over?

ana 🌅
no it's fine x
i'll just take it with me tomorrow
please help remind me tho
cus i'll forget it otherwise 😭

trent 🏟️
alright
see you tomorrow 🫶🏽

ana 🌅
see you tomorrow!! ❤️‍🩹

today at 7.21

trent 🏟️
hey i'll be a bit later if that's alright

ana 🌅
that's fine 😊
thanks for letting me know xx

trent 🏟️
yw, see you in a bit
seen

for some reason tiana felt a lot more nervous this morning than normally, she used to be really nervous to be in such a small space with trent, but after getting more accustomed to that those nerves left.

except for this morning, it was like tiana knew that something was going to happen, and she wasn't very sure what the outcome would be.

tiana went downstairs later than normal and waited for trent to get to their usual meeting point, five minutes later his car drove up to her and she joined trent in the vehicle.

trent looked very nervous aswell and tiana could tell, "morning, you alright?" she asked him. "mhm." he hummed.

"i just- uh, i don't really know what to say, but i guess i just wanted to, i dunno, i wanted to ask you something." trent did his very best to avoid eye contact and it only made tiana's nerves grow.

"okay... what did you want to ask?" trent drummed his fingers on the steering wheel, "uh, ana?" tiana nodded, "yeah?"

"what, what are we?" tiana furrowed her eyebrows at his question, "what do you mean?" trent sighed, "like, are we friends or not, cause i want to be your friend, but i'm not sure if you feel that way aswell."

tiana looked at his side profile, trent's eyes were focused on the road ahead of them, not once looking at her, "i'd like to be your friend." he took his eyes of the road to make eye contact with her.

"really?" tiana nodded and smiled, trent returned her smile and looked back at the road, "that's- that's good, okay." they both had bright smiles on their faces, "so, friends?"

"i kind of missed you, you know?" tiana admitted, fiddling with her fingers to avoid making eye contact, "oh. i missed you two, especially after you left."

they both smiled through those sad confessions, not ready to show how much effect it actually had on them yet.

the car fell silent as they drove up to the training grounds, trent and tiana both didn't really know what to say, but the most important thing between them had been established.

and was what really mattered.

. . . NOTES 📝
i'm actually cackling at joão félix just getting a red card on his FUCKING DEBUT 💀