010. party time

CHAPTER TEN
. . . PARTY TIME

everything was set up for tiana's party and people were slowly starting to arrive. she'd invited friends from the club and some of her family.

music was softly playing in the background as tiana greeted her guests at the door, after a while her whole apartment was filled and she walked around saying hello to everyone.

when tiana had greeted everyone she made her way over to the kitchen. her counter was willed with drinks, alcohol and alcohol-free.

"what's this?" she asked as she stood next to robbo, "no clue." the scotsman answered. tiana downed the drink and scrunched up her face at the feeling of the alcohol burning down her throat.

andy laughed at her and patted her on the back, "happy birthday, tia." tiana sent a sarcastic smile at him and flipped him off.

tiana stayed in the kitchen for a bit, making small talk with some of the people there, and drinking wine.

trent came up from behind tiana and put one hand on her lower back, he looked at all the drinks on the counter, "what do you recommend?" he asked, his hot breath hitting her neck.

tiana's skin felt hot where he touched her but she tried to ignore it, "not that one." she pointed at the drink she had downed before, "that's gross." trent smiled at her and picked up a beer.

        "happy birthday, by the way." he held his beer up and took a sip, "thanks." tiana felt very confused at trent's behaviour, her eyes followed him as he left the kitchen and disappeared into the crowd in her living room.

"louise!" tiana hissed of her best friends name, the french woman was chatting with ibrahima konaté in their native language, louise spun around, "tiana! there you are, i was looking for you!" louise slurred out her words, clearly drunk.

"why were you looking for me?" tiana asked, "well i wasn't looking for you, trent was, he said something about a present. but i think he found you." she furrowed her eyebrows.

        tiana felt a warm feeling flood through her body, a blush crept up her face as she buried it in her hands. these were feelings she was quite aquatinted with, only they felt a lot stronger than the last time she had them. 

the alcohol in her blood made tiana go looking for trent, normally she would've just ignored all that she was feeling at that moment, knowing that it could possibly end badly, but not tonight.

she spotted trent quite quickly, he stood talking with robbo, virgil, virgil's wife, and curtis. "hi." tiana greeted them and took one of the shots that stood on their table.

trent smirked at her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, looking down at her, "you alright?" he asked. tiana just nodded, not really knowing what to say.

she had her arm wrapped around trent's waist, they had never really been this touchy before, and it definitely didn't go unnoticed by the other people around the table.

virgil's wife knowingly looked at tiana, a smile on her face as she winked at her husbands cousin.

the men around the table were talking about football as tiana downed a few of the shots placed on the table trent soon joined in, throwing a few shots back like it was nothing.