018. the last game

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
. . . THE LAST GAME

after hollands game against argentina tiana was completely knocked out, she stayed up till 4am, her body still rushing with adrenaline.

she'd been pretty devastated about the loss, as it was clear that the netherlands deserved to win much more after the come back they had made.

but knowing that later that night she had to attend another game, tiana tried to get as much sleep as possible.

tiana ended up getting around six hours of sleep, which was pretty decent. she ate breakfast / lunch in the hotel's cafeteria and got ready for england against france.

her and louise had seats together as they were both going to be watching the match, the only difference was that they weren't supporting the same team.

so louise tutted when she saw tiana in trent's jersey, "i hope you're prepared to lose." louise told her.

"oh, after last night i am so not ready to see england lose." tiana looked out on the field where the teams were warming up for the match.

tiana yawned, trying to cover her mouth up with her hand, "goddamn i am fucking knackered." she grumbled, her scouse accent very heavy.

louise swung her arm around tiana, "you'll be fine." the french woman was wearing a jersey with 'mbappe' written on the back, when tiana spotted this a smirk appeared on her face.

"really?" she asked with one eyebrow raised, louise blushed, "he gave it to me, i wasn't going to say no." tiana shrugged and looked back at the field.

soon the match started and tiana's nerves from hollands match came right back. france scored quite quickly into the game, making louise cheer and tiana groan.

not a lot happened after that, which didn't help with tiana's nerves, "i'll cry if they lose. i've just seen the netherlands lose in the most undeserved way ever, and i haven't healed from that yet!" she exclaimed.

louise got something to drink and eat for the two of them during half time, she looked at the field as she handed it to tiana.

when tiana followed louise's stare she ended up looking at mbappe, who waved at the french woman next to tiana. louise shyly waved back making tiana laugh.

the match continued and soon england got a penalty, harry kane hit the ball in the net making tiana cheer, "YEAHH!!" she yelled.

"oh my god, it's coming home." the tension laid really high now, but it soon got broken when in the 78th minute giroud put the ball behind englands goal keeper.

tiana dropped her head into her hands as louise cheered next to her. the two woman watched as the game came to an end, the one a bit happier than the other.

as the referee blew his whistle all of englands players dropped themselves to the ground and it broke tiana's heart.

she looked as her friends all comforted each other, even though they were all struggling with the defeat themselves as well.

when she spotted jude with tears in his eyes, tiana pouted and wanted to do nothing more than getting on the pitch and giving the teenager a big hug.

all the players soon exited the field and tiana said goodbye to louise, "i'll miss you." she admitted, a pout appeared on louise's face, "i hope you'll have fun." the two hugged each other and tiana left the stadium.

her and trent met up and got into a cab together, it was very quiet between the two. they both didn't really have anything to say.

trent had put his head on tiana's shoulder, making a soft smile appear on her face, she leaned her head on his and looked out the window as they drove back to the hotel.

when they got to the hotel they started packing their stuff, both not having any reason to stay much longer. they wouldn't be flying back together, though. as trent would be flying back with the other football players.

they packed in silence. tiana, being done quicker than trent, laid down on her bed. she honestly felt like shit, both of her countries lost in almost twenty four hours.

when trent was done with packing he laid down next to tiana, wrapping his hand around hers, "you okay?" he asked.

"yeah, are you okay?" trent nodded his head, "i guess, it just sucks." they both laid still for a while, listening to all the noises from outside the hotel.

"when are you flying back?" the scouser asked tiana, "tomorrow." trent eyes widened, "that's pretty soon."

"didn't really have a reason to stay much longer." she said, shrugging. "i am glad you came, by the way. i don't think i've said that but i am really glad you were here."

tiana had a smile on her face after trent said that, she was also very glad she had chosen to go to the world cup instead of liverpool's training camp.

"i'm glad i went, too." with the idea of getting to work agian soon, tiana was a bit more excited about flying back to liverpool.

. . . NOTES 📝
i will never shut up about how unfair holland lost against argentina!!! i also rooted for france in the final but we've seen how that turned out