011. missing the french

CHAPTER ELEVEN
. . . MISSING THE FRENCH

you mentioned @louisedepp99 in your story

replied to your story

i miss you too 😖had so much fun with you 🫶we need to fly to spain soon to meetjulia again as well

i miss you too 😖
had so much fun with you 🫶
we need to fly to spain soon to meet
julia again as well

i had loads of fun with you as well xx
& yes we do!!
i miss julia 👎👎
seen

louise had flown back to france just a few days ago and tiana had been bored out of her mind. the world cup was in a week which meant that tiana didn't have a lot to do.

she had been debating if she would go to qatar, or if she would go to dubai with all the players that wouldn't be going to the world cup.

        trent and virgil had begged for her to come with them, especially trent, who seemed to be very clingy to tiana after her party. something that she didn't really understand as she couldn't remember a thing from that night.

but where virgil and trent would like for her to come to the world cup,  people like robbo and curtis really wanted her to come with them to dubai.

        only after hearing that louise would be going to the world cup because mbappe had asked her to, tiana had decided to go as well.

        so right now she was packing for a hopefully long trip. she packed jerseys from the dutch team and the english team, the english one she had gotten from trent not long ago, his last name and the number 18 plastered on the back.

        her plane was boarding the next day, and tiana was pretty nervous to be flying all by herself, not that she hadn't done it before, but qatar was a whole new country to her.

        trent had offered to pick her up from the airport, tiana had gladly accepted that offer. she would be staying in the same hotel as trent, near the english training grounds.

       to say tiana was excited was an understatement, she was excited to support both of her countries, she was excited to see some of her best friends play, but most of all she was excited to see trent again.

        the last time they saw each other was at tiana's party, which was three weeks ago. they had both been very busy and weren't able to see each other at all.

        they had texted quite a lot in those three weeks though, never being done talking to each other.

a soft song was playing from tiana's phone and as she put the last clothes in her suitcase, she hummed along to the melody. but before she could close her suitcase, her phone lit up with an incoming phone call from trent.

incoming, trent 🏟️
ACCEPT - DECLINE

tiana put her phone on loudspeaker, leaving it on her bed so she could finish the last packing she needed to do, "hello." trent greeted her.

"goodmorning, t." she slipped an extra charger in the side of her suitcase, "you all done packing?" trent asked tiana.

"yes, all done. what time do you have training?" tiana put her suitcase next to her bed and laid down, "in thirty minutes." the scouser told her. "also, it's not morning here."

tiana had totally forgotten about the three hour difference between the uk and qatar, "right, so it's almost one over there?" "yeah, which is horrid, cause it's the hottest part of the day."

"how hot is it, then?" she asked trent, "32 degrees." tiana raised her eyebrows, "and it's fucking pissing it down over here!" trent laughed at her words.

        they chatted a bit more about the weather, englands squad, and a new show tiana had started watching. but the time they had was over very quickly, as trent said;

"hey, loved talking to you but i need to go, i'll call you later, yeah?" tiana pouted, "okayyy." she dragged out the 'y'. "have fun!" she added before hanging up.

her apartment fell silent and tiana let out a deep sigh, she didn't really love being alone, tiana was a very big people person, so her quiet apartment wasn't exactly her favorite place to be.

but she'd be going to the biggest event she'd probably ever attent the next day, so tiana got up from her bed and walked to her kitchen.

after tiana had made herself breakfast and had eaten all of it she took a long, hot shower. the rest of the day was very calm and quiet.

        at the end of the day, just like he had said, trent called tiana and told her all about his day.

"training was alright, i get along quite well with jude, he's a nice lad." he rattled on about the training and his teammates, tiana listening closely to all he told her.

"but i'm really excited for you to get here." he finished with, tiana smiled, "i'm very excited as well. you do know i'm rooting for the netherlands, right?" she said.

she could hear trent scoff, "yeah, right." they both had matching smiles on their faces, "you should go to sleep, trent." tiana told him after a while.

the man looked at his phone, they'd been calling for almost an hour now, "i know. i'll pick you up tomorrow, yeah? goodnight, ana." tiana said 'goodnight' as well and trent hung up.

tiana slowly fell asleep, a content smile on her face, with excitement for the world cup flowing through her mind.

. . . NOTES 📝
i love reading you guys' comments sm ❤️‍🩹