028. corny but cute

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
. . . CORNY BUT CUTE

trent nervously moved from standing on the ball of his feet to his heels, he had a bouquet of flowers in his hands and was trying to look over the big crowd of people.

the footballer was waiting at the airport for tiana, who could be walking into the busy hallways any second now.

tiana spotted trent first and made her way over to her boyfriend, when trent also noticed her a smile appeared on his face.

he brought tiana in for a hug and pressed a soft kiss on her lips, "hi." tiana smiled as well, "hello." trent handed his girlfriend the flowers, "i hope you like them."

it was a beautiful bouquet of tulips, "i thought roses would be a bit basic, and very corny. and since tulips are dutch i thought they'd be great." tiana lovingly smiled at trent and pecked him on the lips again.

"that's also very corny, but really cute." she looked back at the flowers and then back at trent, "i love them. thank you so much." the footballer swung his arm over his girlfriends shoulder, "i'm glad you like them."

trent then took her suitcase as tiana walked next to him, her hand holding his. they quickly left the crowded airport and made their way to trent's car.

as the couple drove to tiana's apartment they talked about everything that tiana had done in the netherlands and about trent's training and the upcoming match.

when a familiar song started playing tiana turned the sound of the radio up and swayed along in her seat.

        trent kept glancing to his left, letting his eyes land on his girlfriend. tiana was looking out of the car window, singing along to the song that was playing.

        the footballer was pretty sure he could call himself the luckiest guy in the world because this girl was out of this world, according to him.

        there were lots of things that trent had started to notice about tiana in the time they had spent together as a couple.

        things like tiana always putting her hands up her sleeves whenever they were cold, or how she would play with her earrings when she was stressed about something.

        and next to those there were a lot of different habits trent had picked up on, habits he'd even learned to life with.

        tiana loved one side of his couch, so whenever he'd be on the couch first he would leave that spot for tiana.

        and even though they'd cuddle up together later, he kept doing this. trent also adjusted the height of the shower head if he knew tiana would be showering after him.

        she had told him once that she always wanted the water as close to her head as possible, so now adjusting the shower head was a normal thing in his routine.

        even when tiana wasn't there he'd do things like that, he'd fully grown accustomed to her and the way she lived.

        the first time trent realised this he'd been a bit frightened, but seeing tiana smile anytime she saw her favorite spot on the couch was free made it all so worth it for him.

        "hey! eyes on the road, love." tiana snapped her fingers in front of trent's face, getting him out of the trance he was in, "sorry, was just thinking."

        tiana placed her hand on the back of his neck as trent looked back at the road, "it's fine. what were you thinking about?"

        one thing trent loved about tiana was how much she cared, "you." the footballer muttered. she flashed him a smile and moved her thumb up and down his neck.

        this calmed trent down a lot and tiana knew it, whenever she'd do this trent just wanted to close his eyes and fall asleep.

        tiana slowly retreated her hand and continued singing along to the music, "save your tears for another day!" trent absolutely loved it when tiana sang as well.

        but as they spent more time together trent quickly learned that he loved almost everything about his girlfriend.

        the sun was starting to set and tiana looked at the orange sky with awe, "sunsets are something different, you know?" trent nodded, he had no clue what she was talking about.

        "they're so pretty. and the fact that sunsets can literally have any color is a magical thought, don't you think?" tiana faced her boyfriend who was already looking at her.

        "honestly, i have no clue. but if you talk about sunsets like that i think they're pretty similar to you." trent looked back at the road and softly drums his fingers on the steering wheel.

        tiana gaped at him, "you think i'm like a sunset?" trent nodded, "definitely." she had absolutely no clue what to say to that.

        that might have been the best compliment she had ever heard and it was said to her. so instead of saying something she just stared at the sun setting with the biggest smile on her face.

. . . NOTES 📝
i wanna write a julia x joão félix story with a pregnancy trope but idk if i should 😖