012. world cup

CHAPTER TWELVE
. . . WORLD CUP

        tiana's plane had landed and she was waiting outside of the airport for trent to pick her up, he had taken a cab from the hotel, not having a car of his own in qatar.

        when tiana spotted the cab she ran over to it, trent had already gotten out and gave tiana a big hug when she got to the car.

        the woman wrapped her arms around him and swayed them from left to right, "i missed you." she murmured into his chest.

        "i missed you." trent said, looking down at tiana. the two got into the cab, soon they arrived at the hotel and took tiana's bags inside.

        she looked around the big lobby in an awe, "oh my god! this is huge!" tiana looked at trent with a bright smile on her face, he stared at her for a second before taking them to their rooms.

        trent had asked for tiana's room to be next to his, so when he went into his room and tiana was done putting all of her stuff in hers she slid open the door between their rooms and smiled at him.

        "this is awesome!" she said, trent had a soft expression on his face as he looked at her. tiana walked around their rooms being more and more in awe of every little detail she spotted.

        after a while tiana had begged for them to go outside, which they eventually had to because trent had training soon. the scouser was very surprised by tiana's energy, seeing as her mind must think it was only seven in the morning due to jet lag.

        they drove to the training grounds where tiana met some of the players, when she saw henderson she gave the man a big hug and made some small talk with him, not having seen him in a while as well.

        and as trent and his teammates started training, tiana just observed them. she occasionally texted with louise, who was in a hotel not very far away.

        when the day got to an end and they all ate dinner together, tiana got to know some of trent's teammates a bit better. she hadn't met most of them before, except for jude and hendo.

        tiana had met jude at a party in germany a that she was invited to by one of her friends a few years back. the two had immediately clicked and texted with each other a few times after that.

        trent loved just looking at tiana having fun, the big smile on his face fell in to notice with some of his teammates.

        "so, that your girlfriend, trent?" marcus rashford, who sat opposite of him, asked the scouser. trent let out a scoff, "nah, in my dreams, lad"

        when dinner was all over tiana enthusiastically bid her goodbyes to the football players, and her and trent went back to the hotel.

        "you had a good day?" trent asked them when they sat watching a show in his room. tiana nodded, "yes! and i'm meeting the dutch squad tomorrow, which is so exciting."

        she explained how she was very good friends with some of the players and trent listened to her story very closely, enjoying every second of her talking.

        tiana soon fell asleep, being absolutely exhausted after such a busy day, trent scooped her up in his arms and brought her over to her own room.

        the woman had already changed into more comfortable clothes earlier so trent laid her down in the big bed in tiana's room. he brushed a strand of hair out of her face and just stood by her side, admiring her for a second.

        trent had always kind of had a crush on tiana, only he never realised because he hadn't had any different friends who were girls to know that what he was feeling wasn't a platonic feeling.

        but when trent had realised what his feelings meant, tiana was going to move to the netherlands for years and trent wouldn't be seeing her in that period of time, as she had to fully focus on her study.

        it broke his heart, to let her leave without saying a thing. but being friends with her agian brought all those feeling back, and this time he knew what they meant, and he knew what to do with them.

        trent turned off the lights in tiana's room and closed the door that connected his room to hers, he got ready for bed and curled up underneath the sheats, feeling awfully cold without tiana around.

. . . NOTES 📝
i said i'd only post another chapter if liverpool won .. but i'm enjoying this too much 🥱