Chapter 2

Juliana padded towards the large mansion a long distance away from her. She stopped when the three starter Pokémon came to a halt and stared at the glistening ocean.

"Wow... Paldea really is beautiful..." She gasped. The small sprigatito stared up at her, curious and lost in thought. "Let's keep going, we don't want to keep the director waiting."

All three of the small Pokémon nodded and ran ahead of her. She grinned and sprinted towards them. "Hey, wait up!" Juliana laughed.

The three starter Pokémon got to the gates before she did, but waited patiently for her to arrive. Once she approached the gates though, all of the Pokémon scattered around the foyer playfully.

Quaxly stood in the fountain, styling it's pompadour with fresh water, while Sprigatito jumped around in a large group roses and poppys and lilacs, blowing the scent of the flowers and pollen towards Fuecoco. The small croc Pokémon chewed cutely on a sitrus berry and sneezed loudly when the pollen from the pollen entered it's nostrils.

The sitrus berry lit on fire and was burnt into a chary black while the small Fuecoco looked sadly down at the berry.

Suddenly, someone placed a hand hand on top of the small Fuecoco's head. A tall teenager stood in the entrance of the house.

She had tan skin and amber eyes. Her hair glistened brightly, but was still very clearly black, except for two strips of dyed green hair.
She smiled brightly and jogged towards Juliana.

"Hi!" She cried, waving frantically. "I'm Nemona! What's your name? You look interesting, and pretty strong, do you have Pokémon? You look like you have some Pokémon. Wanna battle? Are you these Pokémon's trainer?"

"Actually, miss Juliana has yet to make her mind." A new voice boomed suddenly.
Nemona jumped and whirled around. "Oh, I didn't know you followed me out here!" She said, awestruck.

Both the director and Nemona turned to stare at her. "So, have you perhaps made up your mind, miss Juliana?" Director Clavell asked, placing his arms by his side.

"Yeah! Tell us! Tell us! Who are you gonna choose!?" Nemona jumped excitedly. "Cause you seem REEEAAALLY cool! And I REEEAAALLY want to battle!"

"Okay, okay! Calm down! Just saying though, you sound REEAAALLY battle obsessed."Juliana laughed copying the exact tone of Nemona's shouts.

Nemona huffed, biting her lip, and crossing her arms. Juliana grinned, looking at the three Pokémon that were gathering around her.

"I know who I'm going to choose." She smiled, and crouched in front of the small green grass cat.

"I choose you, Sprigatito."

Sprigatito meowed and jumped onto Juliana's shoulder, purring. Juliana giggled and pet Sprigatito's head softly.

"What are you gonna name her?" Nemona asked. Juliana smiled and met Nemona's eyes.

"I'm gonna name her Nibbles! Obviously!"

Nemona snorted a laugh and pointed at her. "Nibbles? Really?"

"If it helps, I think it is a nice nickname." Director Clavell added. Nemona huffed again and crossed her arms.

"See? It's decided! it's an amazing nickname!" Juliana grinned.

"Ehhh, whatever, LET'S BATTLE NOW! Oh yeah! That's a great idea Nemona! Let's go, let's go!" Nemona shouted, grabbing Juliana's arm and pulling her towards a beach with a small battle court. "Fiiiineee! Let's go!" Juliana smiled.

"Wait." Nemona jumped, turning to look at the Director. He gave her a puzzled look."Do you mind if I take Quaxly?" She asked.

"Didn't you receive a starter when you first started your journey?" Director Clavell asked.

Nemona shook her head, almost whacking Juliana in the face with her ponytail.

"Not back then no! I had another Pokémon I was training at the time! And I think it would be nice to grow my team with hers so we can be true rivals!"

Director Clavell smiled brightly. "Well if that's your reason, then I most certainly cannot say no."

Nemona grinned and ran towards Quaxly. "Yes! Come on little fella, your coming with me!"

The Quaxly quacked and jumped up onto her shoulder. "Awsome!" Nemona beamed.

"Let's go now!" She shouted to Juliana. All of them started towards the beach.