Chaper 7

"Finally, we're in Mesagoza!" Nemona shouted, panting. She put her hands on her hips, with a grin. Nemona turned towards Juliana with a smile.

"Here, you can have some money. Go explore, eat, get a makeover! Just think of it as my thanks for being my friend." Nemona smiled, handing her a twenty dollar bill.

"Wow. Really? Your sure?" Juliana asked as Nemona nodded eagerly. "Yes, really! I'm gonna go see if I can get you a Tera orb." Nemona smiled, running ahead of her. "Meet me outside of the second staircaaaaseee!~"

Juliana blinked. "Wow, Nemona is really nice." She said to herself.

"I'm gonna go get a snack." She decided, putting Nibbles back in it's ball. "Ooo! Maybe I can get some new hats!" She cried, running towards a shop.

Arven furrowed his brow. What was it about Juliana that was so...interesting? She seemed so strong, and fierce, and yet she seemed like she could be so kind.

And also a little tortured. He caught himself thinking. Like someone made her feel bad all the time for everything she did.

He stopped.

What if she was the one he needed? What if she could help him find the Herba mystica? Of course everyone thought the book was a lie, and that anyone who read The violet book was probably insane. But it wasn't true. It couldn't be true. He needed it to be real. Please, please, please. Be real. He thought miserably. He needed a way save-

"Ha ha! I got SO many new hats!" Juliana shouted, interrupting his thoughts. Now's my chance, I can ask her now. He thought, feeling a bubble of excitement.

He ran towards her, watching her intently. He coughed quietly into his fist as he approached her. She whirled around and bumped into him.

"Ah! Jeez! Stop stalking me, Arven!" She shouted, almost dropping her new bags filled to the brim of fashionable hats. His face turned beet red.

Arven remembered the moment under the tree in the field. He had wanted to read the book he just took from the lab, so he sat under a large oak tree.

"I wasn't stalking you." He glowered.

"So what was it then, huh? Watching me intently, then being a creep and following me around?"

Her reply made him bark a laugh. "No, actually, I was reading." He sighed. "I wanted to ask you something-"

"Come on four eyes!" A voice shouted. The two of them twirled around to see two tall students shouting at a shorter girl with red and blue hair.

"Just join us! You know you wanna!" Juliana glared at the two tall students. "Hold on for a sec." She whispered kindly to Arven.

Why is she being nice to me? He thought confusedly as she bolted towards the three kids. Doesn't she think I was stalking her? Why is she being so nice to her supposed 'stalker'? He wondered.

I need to get to school. He realized. I can talk to her later. He decided to take the long way so he could easily squeeze past the fight between Juliana and the two tall bully's without being noticed.

"Think again, bozo!" She shouted with a grin, pointing at the students who had revealed themselves to be in a group called 'team star.' She threw the new Tera orb Nemona had gotten for her at Nibbles. The glass spread around Nibbles, encasing it before shattering and spraying glass particles everywhere.

  "Cute hat!" She grinned at Nibbles.

Nibbles pounced towards the opposing Pokémon with a violent meow. "Sprig sprig!" It disagreed. "Ah noooo! It's the most fashionable hat of the year!" She shouted as the first grunt's Pokémon fainted.