Chapter 13

The sky was fading to black by the time Juliana and Nibbles left the cave. The two of them walked towards slowly the gates.

She remembered the phone call she had just gotten from professor Turo. He had said that Mira just gained a new ability, and could now run two times as fast.

She continued walking, nearly forgetting the conversation.

It was so cold. Cold enough for Juliana to see her breath in the air floating away.

"Wow. It sure is dark out here... and cold..." she shivered, rubbing her hands together. "Sprig. sprig Tito? (I agree. Are we close to to Mesagoza yet?)" Nibbles asked, worried.

Juliana rubbed her arms, shivering. "Yeah, I think so. You can go back to your Pokéball if you want."

Nibbles stared up at her. "Sprig. Tii sprig. (No. I'm not leaving you. That's what friends are for." Nibbles insisted, it's fur prickling up.

Juliana stared down at Nibbles, beaming while they continued to walk. "Aww, thanks."

She reached down to her belt. Was there any Pokémon that could help right now? Juliana thought for a moment. Maybe Doodle?

No, Doodle doesn't have any fire moves right now, and I don't want him to get cold.

She continued to feel around her belt. Oh! I can use Mira!

She grabbed Mira's Pokéball and tossed it.

"Agiasss!" It cried as it emerged from the ball. Mira shook itself out for a moment before staring at the two of them.

"Hi sweetness." Juliana smiled. "Could we get a ride to Mesagoza please?"

"Agias." It announced, turning around. Juliana beamed, beckoning Nibbles to jump on her shoulder.

Nibbles sprinted towards her, climbed up her leg, and fit herself between her collar bone and neck.

"Thanks, Mira!" She giggled, scratching Nibbles on the ear and jumping onto Mira's back. "Agi agi." It replied, stretching out.

Her breath floated into the air towards the dark sky as they approached a large rock blocking their view to the gates,

"Wait, Stop here. We can walk the rest of the way. I don't know what people will think of you." Juliana proposed, pulling on the handles connected to Mira's shoulder.

"Agia aigas." It replied sadly. Juliana placed a hand onto it's head. "It's not you! I think your awesome! I just don't want people freaking out about you. I'm sorry." She said, jumping off of it's back.

It nodded understandingly, flicking up a claw in a waving-like way. Juliana smiled, waving back. "Thanks for the ride." She said, lifting up the ball to return Mira.

"Alright, let's go now." She suggested to Nibbles. The small cat Pokémon looked up at her, yawning. "I want to be able to sleep tonight too, trust me."

In her dorm room...

"Arceus, I'm soooo tired." Juliana sighed, plopping onto her bed. Nibbles agreed with a tired meow.

"We should go to bed now." Juliana suggested, taking off her shoes. The small cat Pokémon nodded slowly, jumping onto the small bed Juliana had bought for her a couple days ago.
Nibbles curled comfortably around the soft bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

Juliana grabbed the rest of her Pokéballs and tossed them across the room with as much force as she could muster. All of her Pokémon were asleep in their Pokéballs, and continued to sleep when she let them out.

She stood up, walked to her drawer, and pulled out some clean clothes.

"Night." Juliana uttered, her eyelids heavy as she changed into a baggy shirt and shorts. Nibbles stirred for a moment, then meowed; "Sprig. (Night)".

Juliana plunked onto her bed tiredly, excited for sleep. She laid on her right side and pulled the covers over her ear.

What class will I go to tomorrow? Language? Home economics? Battle? Ooo, maybe art... She pondered, her consciousness floating away. Or maybe I can see Arven again...

That thought made her stir in her sleep. What?! Why would I care about seeing him again? I don't, I don't care about seeing him again...

In the morning...

"Crud!" Juliana shouted, waking up the Pokémon in her room. She ran around the room and into her closet. "I slept in! I can't believe I slept in!"

Juliana grabbed one of her fresh unwrinkled uniforms and tried to force it on. She pulled out all of her Pokéballs from her belt while she changed. "Alright everyone, into your balls!"

All of her Pokémon obliged, but had confused expressions on their faces.

Juliana grabbed her bag and a soft jacket from her closet, sliding over her arms. She sighed heavily, walking towards her door. "Alright. What class do I take?"

She unlocked her door and walked into the hall. Juliana pulled her school schedule out of her bag.

Tuesday: Home ecs, Biology, Battle studies

She frowned slightly. Aww no art today... Juliana grabbed a brush from her bag and began brushing her hair. But it's fine, I'll probably have it tomorrow, or the next day.

She continued down the hall. Well, at least I can see Nemona again later. Then after school, I can go and fight a gym, or go and fight a team star base. Hmm which one should I go to? She clenched her fist and pressed it to her temple. I'm not having this thought process right now. I need to focus on school, and then I can worry about that.

Juliana approached the door that said 'Home economics', and reached out to open it.

Juliana stopped for a second, listening intently to a conversation happening between two girls across from her near some lockers.

-"you remember that girl that got sent back to Galar for eighteen months, right? I heard some rumors that she might be that weird hacker girl with the eevee backpack and the red and blue hair." The first girl said, messing with her hair.

"Pah! Of course that's true! Why else would she have disappeared for that exact amount of time and return exactly when their boss was due to return? Jeez, Lea, I thought you of all people would be able to get that through your thick skull." The second girl sighed. "I hate team star and all their drama."

Juliana stared at the two girls for a moment, confused. Eevee backpack? Red and blue hair?

That did sound like someone she knew, or half knew, or- Focus! Class! Now! Deal with drama later! We already discussed this! Juliana thought, pressing her hand into the door to open it.

Shoot, I'm even more late than I was this morning! You complete idiot. She thought at herself. Stop getting into drama that isn't about you!