Chapter 15

"Don't take my bug-type Pokémon lightly! You will be in a world of pain if you do!" The gym leader shouted fiercely.

Two down, one to go. Juliana thought, staring intently at Katy's Pokéball as she tossed it onto the field.

It wasn't a a bug type. Nothing about it even looked remotely bug-like.

What?! Julianan thought confusedly as she stared at the Pokémon on the field.

It was a small teddiursa.

Juliana nonetheless continued to shout orders at Doodle, watching as it threw pecks into teddiursa.

"Oh, your quite good, aren't you? How should I roll things out from here?" Katy said curiously, pulling out her Tera orb.

She tossed it mercilessly at her teddiursa and watched as it exploded with light and color.

"Feast your eyes on my shining bug decoration! Though this one is not so sweet!" The gym leader shouted with a smile, throwing a hand forward.

The bug-type Pokémon jumped into the air ruefully, roaring while using the bug move Struggle bug. Juliana flinched. Uh oh.

The cub Pokémon attacked Doodle, knocking it into the ground.

Doodle tried to jumped back up, but was still pinned underneath teddiursa's paws. No! We can still get through this-! Right?"

Then an idea came to mind. Aha.

"Doodle! Peck!" Her fletching listened to her words for a moment, stopped struggling, and threw its beak into the teddiursa.

The super effective move knocked it over, leaving it crying out in pain. And soon, teddiursa fell over completely.

They had won.

Katy walked towards her with a huge smile. "All my sweet little Pokémon dropped like flies!"

The gym leader stepped in front of her and held out her hand.

Juliana beamed excitedly. My first badge in Paldea! Her mind echoed.

Juliana reached forward to grab the bug-gym badge. "You earned it! good job!"

. . .

Juliana smiled, walking through the town.

Her first try, she had beat the gym. It was difficult, of course it was, but she did it nonetheless.

What do I do now? Juliana thought, looking up at the setting sun. The sky was getting dark, meaning it was going to get cold.

She grabbed Mira's Pokéball and tossed it in front of her.

"Hi! How are you?" Juliana asked, reaching her hand out to let Mira. The Miradon looked up at her with a smile. "Agias." It growled.

"Great! Could I have a ride to Mesagoza?" She asked. Miradon smiled brightly, ducking its neck, and beckoning her towards its back.

Juliana hopped onto Mira's back, beaming. "Thanks! Your the best!"

The two of them approached the gate as the sky turned completely black.

Once they got into Mesagoza, Juliana returned Mira, deciding to walk the rest of the way.

She exhaled, letting out her breath.

I'm going for a team star base next. I'll go first thing in the morning, after class of course!

The next morning...