Chapter 16

Juliana walked with her gaze on the large gate a far distance away.

Team star. Joy.

More people to save the world from.

For some reason, today she couldn't seem to keep her mind off of the Hoenn accident.

She couldn't stop thinking about how, no matter how many times she told the government authorities that it wasn't her, they still accused her.

They still tried to arrest her. They still took away her Pokémon.

She still got those looks. The looks of disgust, the looks of hatred, the looks anger. The wrongly accused looks.

The fire.

Stop! Don't think about it! Not when you have totally heroic things to do!

She saw two team star grunts at the gate, stopped, then hid behind a tree.

"Ring ring! You have a callzzz!" Her rotom flew out of her bag, and zapped her in surprise when she grabbed it and put her hand over it's mouth.

"Heyyyzzz!" It cried, muffled. Juliana winced, feeling bad for her reaction.

She cleared her throat, trying to ignore the guilt. "Sorry but, can't you see I'm doing totally heroic things right now?" Juliana said, letting go of her rotom.

Rotom shrugged. "I don't knowzz, but you have a callzzz from Cassiopeia."

Juliana sighed. "Answer it please."

Her Rotom nodded, answering the phone.

"Hello. Cassiopeia here. I can see that your in the area now, does that mean you've decided to join project Starfall?" Cassiopeia asked.

Juliana furrowed her brows. "Have you been tracking me?" She demanded.

Cassiopeia barked a laugh. "Who isn't? How do you think Nemona and Arven called you exactly when you got near the gyms or Titan Pokémon?"

Juliana stopped, full of terror.

Have they all been tracking me? Her mind echoed. All of them?

Cassiopeia chuckled a tiny bit. "No, they weren't tracking you. That just happened to be a coincidence whenever you got near the area. And I'm not tracking you either, I have spies...So, are you going to join?"

Juliana didn't seem as comforted with that answer. That meant someone would always be watching her every move, which kind of scared her, but at least no one was tracking her.

The phone went silent for a moment, leaving Juliana to believe that she had hung up. Then, she realized that Cassiopeia was waiting for her answer.

"Oh- um- sure. Yeah, I'll join." Juliana sighed, taking a look at the grunts outside the gate. "Great. Now, you'll want to-"

CRUNCH! CRUNCH! CRUNCH! A noise went off behind her.

Juliana flinched, then whirled around. It was a person.

The boy looked so much like the school Director, she almost mistook him for Clavell.

He had a large Pompadour, that frankly, looked like a wig to her. The boy was wearing the school uniform shorts and a shirt.

"Who are you?" She demanded at the person. The boy lifted his hands up innocently. "Cla- Clive." He said.

Juliana narrowed her eyes. His name is Clive, which is oddly close to Clavell, and he looks a lot like Clavell. And is that a wig?