𝟢𝟢𝟥. bonfire fist fight

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝘚𝘜𝘔𝘔𝘌𝘙 𝘏𝘖𝘜𝘚𝘌
𝟢𝟢𝟥.   bonfire fist fight

THE BONFIRES were one of the things Tate missed the most about Cousins. Every year, when they arrived there would always be a beginning of summer bonfire, and despite the girl being sixteen last time she was here, she always went. At least, she did after the boys had decided she was old enough.

When Tate first arrived on the beach, she was immediately blow away. The bonfries normally hadn't been this big, but then again it had been almost two years. "Wow," she muttered as she blew out a breath.

"Awesome, right?" Jere asked. "This is, by far, the best part of the summer."

Adrian nodded as he caught the eyes of a curly haired brunette a few feet away, "Amen to that."

Just like that, he was gone. Then, followed Conrad, and then Steven. Now, Tate was left alone with no one but Jeremiah. "Relax, Tatertot," he told her while placing an arm around her shoulders. "You can hang out with me."

Tate pulled her lips into a thin line as she allowed Jeremiah to pull her away, toward a group of girls calling his name—one of them shooting Tate a dirty look. This was going to be a long night.

Not even an hour into the party, and two beers down, Tate had finally started to let loose and have fun. By now, she had drifted away from Jeremiah and the group of girls he was with as she mingled with a few boys. At least, until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Tate furrowed her brows as she turned around before her eyes lit up. "Serena!" she cheered as she through her arms around the girl in front of her.

Serena laughed as she accepted the hug returning it and watching as the boy Tate had been talking to slowly backed away.

"Oh, my God," Tate breathed. "It feels like it's been forever. I can't believe you're here."

Serena had been Tatters best friend at Cousins since as long as she could remember. She was a local, lived here all year long with her aunt and uncle after her parents passed away. Tate can't remember when they became friends but knows Serena's always been there for her, even when she left at the end of August. She was also the only person who Tate told about her relationship with Conrad.

Serena chuckled as she pulled away, "Me too. I kinda thought you would skip out again, you know."

Tate quickly shook her head, "Absolutely not. I missed Cousins, and you, way too much.

"Stop, I'm blushing," Serena beamed.

Tate laughed as she placed a kiss to her friends cheek, "Good."

Serena laughed at her friend before she wrapped an arm around her and pulled her along with her to get another drink.

Tate laughed loudly as she stumbled across the beach sand. By now she was definitely past the point of tipsy and starting to get little drunk. Serena made it her mission to stay somewhat sober for her friend, so while Tate was nearly six beers down, Serena was only two.