𝟢𝟤𝟥. the ball

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍, 𝘚𝘜𝘔𝘔𝘌𝘙 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌
𝟢𝟤𝟥. the ball

THE GREEN ROOM at the club was like a scene from a movie. It was like Tate and Belly's very own princess moment. Girls were all over the place in font of beautiful vintage mirrors, like ones in movies, as they perfected their makeup and hair.

Tate smiles when she saw her friends, but her smile fell at Nicole's very angry gaze. Shayla notices and walked right over to the girls. "You guys are here!" Tate and Belly smiled at they hung up their dresses. "Come on, I saved you guys seats."

Belly and Tate followed Shayla as they lead them to their seats. Belly was sat beside Gigi and Shayla lead Tate to a seat beside Nicole. The girl hesitated before sitting down while Shayla looked at her. "Hey, you guys should really talk."

Tate bit her lip before she looks at Nicole who was pretending like Tate didn't exist as she applied a layer of mascara to her lashes. Tate gulped down her pride before adjusting in her seat. "Nicole, I'm so, so sorry."

Nicole looks at her with eyes filled with hatred. "About what? Conrad? I'm over it. I'm here with somebody else."

"Can I at least explain what happened?"

Much to Tate's surprise, Nicole settled back in her chair and faced her, preparing herself to listen to what the blonde had to say.

Tate sighed. "When I was younger, I always had the biggest crush on Conrad, and he's always just seen me as his little sister so I thought it would never really happen. Then, I got too drunk on my sixteenth birthday and, well, it happened. It was like a dream come true when he asked me to be his girlfriend, and it was like a dream come true being with him, but he broke it off a few months later."

"I didn't come back to Cousins the following summer after we broke up and I was fine with it, you know. I was able to move on and when we got here in June, I genuinely thought I was over it. Then I saw you two at the bonfire and I realized I wasn't. I don't know when it all changed, but I guess we just... never really got over each other like we thought we had."

Nicole nods slowly. "No one really ever gets over their first love."

Tate nods slowly. "Yeah."

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

The dress was perfect. Everything about the night was perfect. She had Conrad, the boy she loved and always would, as her date and she had her mother, Laurel, and Susannah watching. She was here with Belly and she was in the most beautiful white dress she had ever seen. Everything was perfect for this one night. This moment. She knew it was.

Tate could see Conrad across the very luxurious isle and she couldn't help but swoon utterly and completely. Seeing him dressed in his suit while he looked at her with hearts dancing in his eyes was enough to make her heart beat out of control.