𝟢𝟥𝟩. shoot your shot

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌 𝘎𝘈𝘔𝘌
𝟢𝟥𝟩.    shoot your shot

AFTER A FEW MORE MINUTES, everyone re-convenes at the rock wall, where the next challenge was supposed to commence between Steven and Taylor.

Tate walks behind with her brother and the boys while Steven walks toward the wall, gawking at it. "You think I can do it right now?" he asks and sprawls his limbs out to start climbing it.

"No, no, no. You actually can't do that without a harness." Tate snaps her head to the side to see Cameron, Belly's ex-boyfriend from the summer, holding out a harness toward Steven.

"Cam?" Belly asks with a smile.

"Cam Cameron?" Cam laughs and looks at them. "No way! Wait, are we in trouble?"

"Oh. I mean, officially there's no horseplay on or around the rock wall, but unofficially, it's the most exciting thing to happen all day."

Tate laughs and nods around. "Yeah, everything looks really exhilarating right now."

"Yeah," he sighs, nodding his head with his lips in a tight line.

"What are you doing here? I thought Nicole said you that you were doing some internship on a fancy whaling boat." Belly says, moving over to him.

Cam nods sadly. "It fell through."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Cam shrugs it off. "This uniform, though? Super cool. Very official."

"Thanks, Belly."

Silence falls between the group as everyone's eyes wonder around before Belly moves on to introduce Skye, all while Steven jumps with excitement to climb the wall. "Okay, well, great catching up with you, seeing you again. Yeah, but we have some unfinished business."

Steven points at Taylor as she jumps over to him. "Let's go!"

Steven and Taylor harness up before they both move to the wall, looking up at it as they trash talk back and fourth. "And... go!" Cam shouts, starting their challenge to the top.

"C'mon, Taylor!" Tate cheers, clapping her hands together for the girl.

Taylor and Steven climb the wall with ease before they reach the top, where things begin to get tricky for them. As the handles and foot pockets get further apart, Taylor's foot slips, earning a wince from the girls when it does.

They climb for a little bit longer before Steven gets the lead and snatches the green flag into his hand. "Oh!" he celebrates. "It's too easy. It's too easy!"

Taylor's head gets thrown back in a groan before she starts repelling down the wall. "Shut up."

Tate shakes her head while Taylor unstraps herself from the harness. "Don't worry about it, babe. We'll get them next time."