𝟢𝟣𝟢. pool swims and birthday dinners

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄, 𝘚𝘜𝘔𝘔𝘌𝘙 𝘕𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛𝘚
𝟢𝟣𝟢.     pool swims and birthday dinners

TATE SAT ON HER BED in her new Princeton sweatshirt whilst she read her book. The best part about her birthday was that she could do whatever she wanted because... well, it was her birthday. She chose to spend the day around the house with Belly, Taylor, Belly's friend from back home, and Serena, who had just recently barged through her bedroom door.

In Serena's hand, she held a giant 18 balloon streamed together with a few colored ones and a large birthday present. Tate smiled brightly. "Happy birthday, Tatalicious."

Tate laughed at the nickname before she stood up, grabbing the balloons from her and letting the weight hold them down. She threw her arms around her friend. "I missed you so much, 'Rena."

Serena laughed. "Relax, I've only been in Miami for, like, a two weeks."

Every summer, Serena took a week long trip to Miami to spend with her long-distance boyfriend, Wyatt, who was a sophomore at University of Miami. This year it doubled as a tour of the campus since she would be headed there next year, so it was a little longer. Tate's never met Wyatt, but he made Serena happy, therefore Tate loved him.

Tate fell onto her bed. "I know, but things have been weird without you here."

Serena raises her brows in question. "You'll have to tell me all about it, but first, open your birthday gift."

Tate nodded, accepting her gift Serena had outstretched to her. Pulling out the tissue paper, Tate smiled at the dress neatly folded in the bottom. She pulled it out with an awe. A simple white and blue floral body-con dress, but Tate loved it. "I thought you could wear it tonight for dinner and Nicole's party tonight."

Tate smiled, wrapping her arms tightly around her friend. "I love it, Serena. Thank you. It'll go perfectly with the flower crowns Susannah is making us tonight."

Serena cheers. "Ugh, I love Susannah. She does God's work."

Tate throws her head back in laughter before putting the dress back in the box and placing it on her nightstand. Serena sits beside her. "Okay, so, what were you saying about things being weird?"

Tate shrugged, fiddling with the bracelets on her wrist. "Conrad's has just been acting different recently, is all."

"Conrad's always been a buzzkill, Tate. We've known this."

"No, I mean, like..." tate sighs. "Serena, he almost kissed me last night."

Serena's eyes go wide. "Wait, what? He almost kissed you?" Tate nods. "Tate, are you kidding, this is amazing."

"How? He's with Nicole, Serena."

Serena gapes at her friend. "Are you kidding me? Tate, he tried to kiss you last night!"