𝟢𝟤𝟩. dorm room detectives

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎, 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌 𝘚𝘊𝘌𝘕𝘌
𝟢𝟤𝟩.     dorm room detectives

IT DIDN'T TAKE a lot to convince Tate to get a bus ticket down to Brown. It only took two words. "Conrad's gone." They were the first words that escaped Jeremiah's mouth when he called Tate. The first and only words that got sprung her from her bed and got her online to book a ticket. The only words that convinced her to be irrational enough to leave Boston for Providence the minute her mother stepped into the taxi.

Tate and Adrian stood by the front door of their home in Boston as they hugged their mother goodbye. She was headed out for, yet, another out-of-state work trip. Just like last summer. Only this time, it didn't matter whether or not Tate missed out on another summer at Cousins. She wasn't going back. Probably ever again.

"Adrian, I'm putting you charge of my baby girl. Don't kill her while I'm gone or I'll have to kill you."

Adrian looked at his mother with an offended look. "Thanks, Mom. Really feeling the love."

Marie shrugged before wrapping her arms around her son. "Glad to help, kiddo."

Adrian rolled his eyes while he pulled away, watching as Marie moved to Tate with adoration in her eyes. Everyone knew Marie and Tate shared a strong bond. And, no. Marie didn't love Tate more than Adrian. She loved giving him a hard time, though. It was the mother/son way of showing affection.

"Have a great time, honey. Invite some friends over. I fully support you kicking Adrian out of the house."

Tate laughed and looked at her brother. "I might take you up on that offer."

Adrian groaned loudly. "Seriously, I'm standing right here!"

Marie shook her head before reaching forward and shoving his shoulder. "You're fine."

Tate laughed and hugged her mother tightly. "Have fun in Jersey, Mom. We'll be here when you get back."

Marie smiled as she pulled away and them wrapped her arms around both her kids. "I'm going to miss you guys so much."

"Mom, you're gonna be gone a week. I think you'll survive."

"This is why Tate's my favorite. She feeds into my dramatics."

Tate laughed before grabbing her mother's bags and loaded them into the taxi before hugging her a final time and waving as the yellow vehicle headed toward the airport.

It wasn't even an hour later when Tate grabbed her duffel bag and headed for the door.

"Where the hell are you going?" Adrian asked, causing Tate to groan. It was far-fetched of her to think she could simply sneak out of the door without him noticing. He was like a hawk. He noticed just about everything.