𝟢𝟤𝟤. summer love

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍, 𝘚𝘜𝘔𝘔𝘌𝘙 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌
𝟢𝟤𝟤. summer love

TATE DIDN'T RETURN to her room last night. After her and Conrad's intimate conversation and wildly amazing kiss, she couldn't bare to leave him, so she stayed in his room. With him. Kissing until they simply could not anymore.

His arm was wrapped securely and comfortably around her waist and his chest pressed against her back as Tate snored. Yes, she was snoring. Tate never snored. Not unless she was a deep, deep REM sleep, unless she was super comfortable. With Conrad, she's always been the most comfortable.

It wasn't until she heard Conrad's bedroom door burst open that her eyes started to flutter awake. "Connie, honey, have you seen Tate?"

It was Susannah.

Tate shot up to see Susannah looking at her, her hands clasped in front of her face as she attempted to hold back her surprise and excitement. She always dreamed Tate and Belly would each be with one of her boys. Her dreams were coming true.

Tate looked at Susannah like she had just committed a crime. She felt like she had. Seeing a girl waking up in your son's bed could never be a good thing, even if said girl was your best friend's daughter and even if they were both completely clothed.

Tate looked at Conrad as he still slept soundly. Bastard.

"Susannah..." she breathed.

Susannah smiled at the girl before shaking her head. "I'll give you a moment. I'll be outside the door."

As soon as Susannah left and closed the door, Tate fell back into the bed with a heavy and defeated sigh. At the motion, Conrad stirred away. He groaned. "Tate?"

Tate looked over at him as he stirred awake before slapping his shoulder. "You asshole!"

"Hey!" he said as he pulled his arm away from her. "What is that for?"

"Your mother walked in on us." Conrad now looked like a deer caught in headlights. "Don't worry. She looked more happy to see us together than anything, but still."

Conrad rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands. "I'm sorry, Tate."

Tate shook her head as she climbed out of the bed. "It's fine. I just, now, need to convince her to keep this piece of gossip to herself."

Conrad hops out of bed before Tate can latch onto the doorknob. "Wait." Tate spins around to see Conrad standing right in front of her, only inches from her. "I'll see you tonight, right?"

Tate nods with a faint smile. "That is unless you're gonna pull a runaway bride and leave me alone at the alter."

Conrad shakes his head and leans into her. "Wouldn't dream of it."