𝟢𝟤𝟪. love scene

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎, 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌 𝘚𝘊𝘌𝘕𝘌
𝟢𝟤𝟪. love scene

TATE DIDN'T KNOW why she was so nervous to be driving to Cousins with Jeremiah. She and Conrad had been friends once before. They did it last time, so who's to say they couldn't be now? Deep down she knew why. She was still insanely in love with him. This time it was real.

Everything they had together was real. Every moment Tate spent with him over the ten months they were together was another moment Tate thought this is it. He's the one. He's the one I'll spend the rest of my life with. She believed it too. Unfortunately it was far from the truth.

Jeremiah looks over at the blonde beside him while she stares ominously out the window, watching the scenery blaze past them. "You all right?"

Tate looks at him, removing herself from her trance before nodding rapidly. "Yeah. Yeah, of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, I mean... I just thought that seeing Conrad would..." Jeremiah trailed off, unable to find the words to finish his sentence. He didn't need too, though. Tate knew exactly what he meant. He just thought that seeing Conrad would break her all over again. It did, and it would, but he didn't need to know that.

Tate shakes her head, preparing herself to lie right to his face. "No. No, everything's fine. I'm over it. Prom was, like, three months ago." That's enough time to get over your first love, right?"

Jeremiah nods his head. He knew she was lying. He could see it in her face; there was no emotion in it. She was a statue. Steady. Solid. That's how he knew she was lying. Tate's face gave away every ounce of he lie.

It was silent again. It wasn't an awkward silence, though. It was comfortable.

There had never been an awkward silence between Tate and Jeremiah. They held the kind of friendship everyone wanted. The friendship where you could sit in silence, doing nothing and it would still be the best time.

"Hey, Jere..." Jeremiah hums in response. "How, uhm, have you been? You know, with..."

Jeremiah bites his lip and looks at Tate with a heavy sigh. "It sucks, you know?" Tate didn't know. She never could, but she still nodded. "I really miss her."

Tate nods. "It's only been a month. You have every right to. Susannah was... well, she was the best."

Jeremiah nods. "Yeah, she was."

"I know Conrad misses her." Tate says after a moment of silence.

"Which is why I hope he's all right."

Tate reaches over and grabs his hand, which is resided on the gear shift. Jeremiah looks at Tate from the action. "He's okay. I know he is."

Jeremiah nods and goes back to looking at the road. "You know, he talked about you a lot. Even after you guys broke up."