𝟢𝟢𝟨. deb sisters

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎, 𝘚𝘜𝘔𝘔𝘌𝘙 𝘋𝘙𝘌𝘚𝘚
𝟢𝟢𝟨. deb sisters

AFTER BELLY AND Tate had finally found their dresses, they headed back to the summer house to get ready for their debutante class. Tate and Belly were both nervous. Tate because she feared she would be the oldest one there, and Belly simply because, well, she was Belly and worried about just about anything.

Laurel pulled up outside the hotel. Tate had offered to drive her and Belly, but Laurel insisted, telling her she wanted to "see her daughter off."

Tate sucked in a breath before she grabbed her things and opened the door, stepping out. Tate, then, sighed as she brushed off her pastel pink dress and adjusted the fascinator on her head as Belly walked next to Tate.

"Belly," Laurel started pulling the two teens attention toward her. "I just want you to know that if you decide you hate it or if the girls are mean or even if the food is bad, you can text me. I promise I won't say 'I told you so.'"

Belly nodded, simply wanting to get away. Tate simply chuckled softly.  "I'll be fine."

"Humor me?" Laurel begged. "Use our code phrase and I'll be right there."

"Mom," warned Belly.

"You remember it from when you were little, right?"

"Lemon Jelly Belly," the two said in unison, causing Tate to smile. Tate remembered it. It was the code word Laurel would tell Belly to use if she were ever in danger or wanted to leave somewhere. Laurel made Tate remember it too, incase there was an emergency.

Belly nodded before walking off. Tate laughed before followed, before Laurel called out her name. "Tate." Tate turned toward her. "Just keep an eye on her, and make sure she's alright, okay?"

Tate nodded with a smile. "Trust me, Laur. You have nothing to worry about."

Laurel nodded, "Thank you."

"Of course," Tate smiled. Spinning on her heels, the girl walked around the building, where Belly had before she noticed her talking to Jeremiah.

"Tell me the truth," Belly asked Jeremiah as Tate approached the two. "Do I look like a fool?"

Jeremiah opened his mouth to say something before his eyes locked on Tate. As soon as she was in his view, he laughed. "Uh, no, but Tate does."

Tate rolled her eyes as she leaned over and punched his shoulder, hard. Jeremiah laughed again before nodding toward the building. "Come on, I'll walk you two over there."

Tate and Belly exchanged a gaze. The boy was shirtless holding beach towels. God knows that would be little awkward. The two girls laughed before Jeremiah furrowed his brows. "What?"