𝟢𝟤𝟫. snow on the beach

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎, 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌 𝘚𝘊𝘌𝘕𝘌
𝟢𝟤𝟪.     snow on the beach
(𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗌𝖾𝗑𝗎𝖺𝗅 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗍)

LAST DECEMBER !

TATE DIDN'T EXPECT him to call. At least not him to call with the proposition he had. It was a familiar feeling in all the right ways. He had been calling her every night since she had left Cousins. They would talk on the phone for hours and hours about anything and everything. It was so familiar, yet, so different.

Tate was lying in bed, watching a show on her laptop when her phone rang on her night stand. She didn't plan on answering it, but the notification ran through on her MacBook too. It was Conrad. She reached for her phone immediately.

She pressed pause on her show and looked at her phone screen. A picture of the two of them from Thanksgiving on her phone. The were holding hands at the dinner table when Conrad placed a kiss to Tate's cheek. Susannah took the photo.

Tate smiles brightly and pressed the green button. "Hi," she said. Conrad could probably hear her beaming smile on the other end.

He could, and he smiled too. "Hi. Are you still up?"

Tate laughed. "It's only nine o'clock, Connie. I'll be up until at least midnight."

Conrad laughed. "Okay, well, you mind staying up for a little bit longer? I just got on the freeway. I'm coming to see you."

Tate sat up at his words. "What?" It was a shocker to her. He rarely ever drove down from Brown to come see her. Not unless it was some big occasion. She was usually the one visiting him.

"I'm still, like, three hours out, but I really wanted to see you. I want you to come with me."

"Go with you where?"

"Cousins."

Tate's eyes widened. She'd never been to Cousins during the winter time. It felt wrong to be there in any other month than those between June and August. It felt so wrong but so right at the same time.

Tate jumped at the chance. She immediately told him she would go with him and he said he would text her when he got closer. When he was only a few short minutes out, Tate packed on overnight bag. She didn't know how long she would be there.

connie 🤍
Today, 12:02 AM

about an hour out.
pulling into your neighborhood.
i'm here.
Read, 12:53 AM